The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #51
cornerstone

Re: C10s In the Park

By the looks of what I’m seeing here, I think it’s safe to say that C10’s in the Park had more trucks than the LMC C10 Nationals this year...

Thanks for posting these ~klb, even though it was quite apparently a hassle.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:15 AM   #52
CS1972

This is the 3rd year that I've attended C10s In the Park, 2 years as a spectator and this year as a participant. So much to see and in reality there is more than a 1000 trucks there as many more are parked in the outlying parking areas/streets that aren't registered.

Mark, thanks for the kind words and appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions regarding the small details stuff that I wanted to know. Shortly after you left I started looking at every seat I could find. 1 hour and a few benjamins later I have the correct seat upholstery ready to install !!
Attached Images

1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton LWB 4x4 - Grapefruit Yellow / White
CS1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:35 AM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Thanks for sharing. Got any more from your big camera worth sharing?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #54
35boulder

Thanks for sharing all the pics. You certainly covered quite a few trucks. Glad to hear there was such a good turn out. Could not make it this year, hopefully next year. Thanks again.
35boulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #55
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1972 View Post
This is the 3rd year that I've attended C10s In the Park, 2 years as a spectator and this year as a participant. So much to see and in reality there is more than a 1000 trucks there as many more are parked in the outlying parking areas/streets that aren't registered.

Mark, thanks for the kind words and appreciate you taking the time to answer all my questions regarding the small details stuff that I wanted to know. Shortly after you left I started looking at every seat I could find. 1 hour and a few benjamins later I have the correct seat upholstery ready to install !!
You’re very welcome Ron, was great to meet you and quack trucks for a bit. That seat cover will be the cherry on top for your interior!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #56
68Gold/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
FWIW, the few pics I posted in groups of 5 were >1 MB each, and I had no delay - not sure what is going on with yours - but really appreciate you taking the time to post them. Maybe an admin can explain what the trouble is, I'm stumped. I did have to make two attempts on the very first try because I forgot to reduce the size of each pic from my camera size (huuge). Once I reduced to around 1 MB, consecutive 5 pic posts were working fine.

You got some pics of trucks I didn't even see, like that red 67 above - holy cow that is gorgeous. Thanks again.
Red paint and red line tires, never seen that, waaaay cool!!! X2
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:01 PM   #57
68Gold/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1972 View Post

Somebody at event selling seat covers???
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #58
CS1972

Southwest Classics had a couple trailers and a bunch of tables there with all kinds of goodies. I had been talking with Tony of Southwest Classics about my seat early morning and he had told me to bring a picture of my interior and SPID to determine what I had and what I needed. Then Mark (JOCKO) showed up and told me what I needed. I went back over to talk with Tony, showed him the picture I had taken of the seat and SPID and he told me the same as Mark. So I purchased it on the spot as he had it, it was on sale and also did not have to pay for shipping.

Now I want new carpet (ACC made) and will need to apply some sound deaden-er while the seat is out.

But back to the seat. Best guess by Tony & Mark and I have to agree, is that at some point the seat upholstery became very worn or torn and when that happened there probably wasn't any OEM seat covers or reproductions made at the time and so someone did their best to "make it as close as possible", thus the upholstery seat covers currently installed. I thought the upholstery installed was correct based on the wording on the SPID "Option 163210 - Olive Cloth Custom" because I did not equate those words to what I had always known as "Houndstooth". I'm actually quite happy in this discovery as I had thought I had a fluke and was going to need to scour the earth to find the material currently installed to have one custom made.

It was great to be able to talk to so many people at the show and ask questions. Knowledge is power and I feel so much more power after the show. Can't wait until the next one!

1972 Cheyenne Super 1/2 ton LWB 4x4 - Grapefruit Yellow / White
CS1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #59
6T7 C10

Thanks for positing the pictures. I was there and it helped me to relive it one more time and while I thought I saw all of them apparently I miss a few.
6T7 C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 PM   #60
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I took a couple. Great event. I think for the first time, it's fair to say it's evolved to a squarebody-heavy thing (not a bad thing, just an observation), which works for me because I like all the eras Also, seems LS swaps are more common than original engines (again, not a bad thing, just an observation ) I mean they were in everything. Majority of the trucks are lowered. I didn't see quite as many restos as I'm used to seeing at these events. Lots of folks, good weather, and tons of trucks, a great even if you ever get the chance to go. I think the C10 Nationals are going to be held at TX Motor Speedway the weekend of the

Sadly, relatively few 3/4 tonners

Met member Ron that owns the gorgeous 72 K10 in light yellow/white with the olive interior - but must've gotten to talking so much I forgot to take a picture! Nice to meet you Ron! I did some btw - meant to get back to you on this - NO scrollwork on stock custom cloth seat covers I had to double check.

Here are the pics I took, my favorite trucks of the whole show were Ron's 72 K10, the 71 GMC Longhorn (pictured in blue and white), the 76 Spirit of 76 K10, a true time capsule - and the GMC mod bod (I think it was the "impact" graphics). GREAT colors and a cool time capsule also.
Thanks Jocko, the Longhorn is mine and the two Blazers behind it belonged to my son in laws. I had the whole family there. We parked there so the grandsons could play in that playground.

There were definitely a lot of nice square bodies and LS engines there. It was a great show, I regret I didn't meet you guys.

BTW, I drove the Longhorn with the AC running all the way and it got 12 MPG running 65-70 mph.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:38 PM   #61
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Thanks Jocko, the Longhorn is mine and the two Blazers behind it belonged to my son in laws. I had the whole family there. We parked there so the grandsons could play in that playground.

There were definitely a lot of nice square bodies and LS engines there. It was a great show, I regret I didn't meet you guys.

BTW, I drove the Longhorn with the AC running all the way and it got 12 MPG running 65-70 mph.
Wish I'd known it was yours - was pretty sure I'd seen it on the site somewhere - nobody around when I stopped by, you all were probably out makin the rounds. Great truck, really enjoyed checking it out.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #62
Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
That's the last of my phone pics. I took some additional pictures with my bigger camera but haven't looked at those yet...

Enjoy,

-klb
Thanks for sharing.

The long beds in post #35 are all from Louisiana.

The K10 in post #37 is mine, I drove it up from New Orleans.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #63
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Hey, it was nice talking to you Ben. I walked by while you were dealing with your steering issue Friday night and my son in law and I talked to you Saturday, mostly about your camper.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #64
Benjamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Hey, it was nice talking to you Ben. I walked by while you were dealing with your steering issue Friday night and my son in law and I talked to you Saturday, mostly about your camper.
Nice meeting you too. I'm subscribing to your K10 thread so I can watch your progress.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #65
weq92f

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Wow nice set of trucks there and your K10 is real cool!

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote