The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
jdb_us1

Re: 1990 GMC crew cab build

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejaaa1 View Post
that new hub looks great.
What a night. So disheartening. So I got one hub back from the machine shop as it was the only one he had done (three weeks past when he said he would have both done), go up to the garage excited to be able to turn this hulk back into a roller. Start putting the greased bearings in and look at the seal I have and the inside of the hub where the seal is supposed to sit and I see splines. Hmmmm. Then look at the outside of the hub where the lockout hub is supposed to fit and I find the perfect spot for a wheel seal. Yup. He machined the wrong flange off the hub. So upset. Called the guy and he vehemently denies any wrong doing, that he cut off the flange I told him to. UGH. Now I do what I should have from the get go, go to my favorite junk yard and find a set of SRW front hubs...........