The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #26
Axle

Re: Wheel Vintiques fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Van Ralleys are 6.5".
Thanks for catching that. corrected.

Alex.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #27
Robzkombi

Quick update, went ahead and cancelled the order with wheel vintiques. Found some OG wheels, with caps and trim ring for a smoking deal and went with those. Did a trial fit with the Bell-Tech spindles and coils and happy to report no issues whatsoever. Then again these are original 15x6 wheels and not the 15x7's Vintiques I was originally going with...sooo um yeah I'm a happy camper.
Robzkombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #28
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzkombi View Post
Quick update, went ahead and cancelled the order with wheel vintiques. Found some OG wheels, with caps and trim ring for a smoking deal and went with those. Did a trial fit with the Bell-Tech spindles and coils and happy to report no issues whatsoever. Then again these are original 15x6 wheels and not the 15x7's Vintiques I was originally going with...sooo um yeah I'm a happy camper.
OE 6's are usually good to go unless there's a unicorn-combo of parts. I just test fit a combo that had me nervous (CPP modular 2.5" spindles & a heim-joint TRE set-up) but no clearance issues so far.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 02:23 PM   #29
Robzkombi

clearance is tight, less than a 1/4" but no scraping or rubbing issues. I'm happy I went with the OG set.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #30
SCOTI

Quote:
clearance is tight, less than a 1/4" but no scraping or rubbing issues. I'm happy I went with the OG set.
About what I had on mine. I set out for a stock big & little look so my rears are OE steelie too just bigger/wider. It's a classic, timeless look that's always in style
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 08-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #31
Robzkombi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
About what I had on mine. I set out for a stock big & little look so my rears are OE steelie too just bigger/wider. It's a classic, timeless look that's always in style
Im going with the 235/75/15 thin white wall all the way around this time. 20" were/are cool but im over that now. This being my first Chevy budget project,( I was a VW fan still am,'62 double cab, 65 sunroof Kombi and my last one a 58 Kombi hence the name robzkombi). I'll just lower it a bit do body and paint, interior and any needed electrical repairs. Keep it simple and enjoyable with a few period correct accessories here and there. So Far so good!
Old 08-28-2020, 05:17 PM   #32
SCOTI

Quote:
Im going with the 235/75/15 thin white wall all the way around this time. 20" were/are cool but im over that now. This being my first Chevy budget project,( I was a VW fan still am,'62 double cab, 65 sunroof Kombi and my last one a 58 Kombi hence the name robzkombi). I'll just lower it a bit do body and paint, interior and any needed electrical repairs. Keep it simple and enjoyable with a few period correct accessories here and there. So Far so good!
Solid sounding plan to me. I'll watch for posts/details.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 09-18-2020, 10:15 AM   #33
Robzkombi

Okay so after getting the 235/75/15 wheels mounted to the OG 15 inch wheels and installed on my truck I did have a small issue with grinding. i purchased a 1/4" spacer and although it did minimize the grinding, there was still a slight rub. Turns out it was the clip on wheel balancing weights that were the issue. Went back to Discount Tire and had them re-balance the wheels this time using the stick on weights and that took care of the issue, i'm now a happy camper/trucker.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #34
skyphix

Quote:
Okay so after getting the 235/75/15 wheels mounted to the OG 15 inch wheels and installed on my truck I did have a small issue with grinding. i purchased a 1/4" spacer and although it did minimize the grinding, there was still a slight rub. Turns out it was the clip on wheel balancing weights that were the issue. Went back to Discount Tire and had them re-balance the wheels this time using the stick on weights and that took care of the issue, i'm now a happy camper/trucker.

I had the same issue with Rallyes and wheel weights. They did self clearance on my 1600 mile drive, but I also did run a spacer. I was already using stick on wheel weights unfortunately. Glad you got it worked out!
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #35
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
I had the same issue with Rallyes and wheel weights. They did self clearance on my 1600 mile drive, but I also did run a spacer. I was already using stick on wheel weights unfortunately. Glad you got it worked out!
If you needed/had stick on AND clip on balance weights, something was not right.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG