The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #51
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Re: Interesting conversations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
Maybe more criminal than creepy. I’d say he was scoping it so he could steal it from your house.
X2, it's time to make a kill switch or aome other means to make it hard to steal.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #52
richards72chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
He was the slimy d-bag that stops at vendor's spaces trying to low ball you on your cars. A guy like that needs to hear, "Sounds like you need to go out and find yourself a junker and fix it up like I did".

Many seem to think swap meets are the place to buy parts/vehicles cheap to sell for top money online. It's not a flea market and people try the buy low/sell high elsewhere thing there, when way before the internet they have been mixed with people unloading junk (like a yard sale) and people setting up a weekend antique shop with nice things going for what they are worth. "This ain't no yard sale" is something I've said to lowballers. "Catch the vendors at the end and they'll about give the parts away because they don't want to carry it home". Yeah right. "I was so glad a guy walked up and wanted this N.O.S. set of upper & lower side trim I about gave it to him. I was about to stuff the trash can with it"

I can't last 5 minutes on Facebook truck pages w/o wanting to slap somebody and I'm a peaceful guy. I find very little peace there.
I have a Facebook and everything about it aggravates me at times.
richards72chevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:48 PM   #53
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay68c10 View Post
Maybe more criminal than creepy. I’d say he was scoping it so he could steal it from your house.
Or possibly he was setting you up for a carjacking. Was there anyone else in the van?
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 07-22-2019 at 11:20 AM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #54
68Gold/white

I doubt that I could ever sell my flatbed 67 GMC 3500 either. OF course no one has asked yet, but I have received compliments on it from passersby when I am working on it in the driveway.[/QUOTE]

Oh man...

My 77 Trans Am is, for the moment, sitting in my drive way. Had a kid from church turning old enough to drive wanting to buy it. He asked me every time he saw me. I finally had to tell him I bought it NEW, close to the same age he was at the time. I will NEVER sell it, NEVER. It's more than just an old car to me. IF, IF, I wanted to sell it, it would have been sold many years ago......

My 2 pickups are in bad shape (at the moment...) nobody has offered me for either. I sprayed a quickie coat of cheap black paint on my 68 Golden anniversary pickup years ago to help protect the body.

Had many folks laugh at me, most say I should scrap it. I heard about a guy in Oklahoma city, many years ago, I think his last name was Davis?...he specialized in older Chevy pickup parts. I went to visit him, had no money to spend at the time (seldom did in my younger days...). I told him about my 68.
His ears perked up when I told him it was Gold and equipped with a 396/TH400/AC/PC/PS. He told me about it's significance being the Gold color

None of my stuff is for sale!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:01 AM   #55
Stephen717

I've had several people ask as my truck has become well known in the area... and I dont even drive it cause I'm still getting it roadworthy. Everytime they ask though I've done something else to the truck so the price just keeps going up. Bought it for $700 told someone I'd sell it for $1,500 then after I got it running it jumped to $2,200, now I've got a new frame, bed, and engine for it and the price has jumped to $5,000. It will keep jumping up in price until it's back to top notch quality and is worth what blue book says it's worth. And when blue book updates to a higher price so will the truck. If anyone if ever crazy enough to want to buy tetanus off of me they're gonna have to try really hard and even then I might say no
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #56
Threerun

I've been asked several times if I wanted to part with my K20 Cheyenne. Pretty much every time I go to the local hardware store on a weekend I get asked.

I went to a hot rod / car show in town a last summer and had a lot of people looking at it and a few comments if I was going to restore it, do anything to it- that sort of thing. I wasn't an entry in that event- I was just parked in the general area. Kinda funny to have people looking at your truck and you're not even registered for an event, lol.

Everyone I've encountered has been pretty decent.
Threerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:55 PM   #57
'68OrangeSunshine

[This happened a few years ago, when we were all flabbergasted that a 'time-warped' very clean two-tone '72 C/10 CST fleetside went for $24,000 at Barret-Jackson.]
It's a Sunday night, I'm coming home from work, and at a light, as guy in a later model green GMC kingcab pulls alongside my ' 71 GMC Jimmy...
Greentruck: "Hey how much for your Blazer?"
Me: [It's a Jimmy!] "Uh, Twenty five."
LIGHT CHANGES. I zoom ahead.
Next Light. He catches up.
Greentruck: "Twennyfive Hunnert!? I could do that'' he said -- all hot and bothered.
Light changes again. I zoom forward to the next light.
Greentruck: Yeah. I could do $2500."
Me: "No man. Twentyfive Grand.
Greentruck: Drops jaw. He shook his hand like he burned it on something hot.
Light changes. I pull away.

I mean, Hey? Did you see a For Sale sign? Don't waste my time. If you're dumb engough to give me a fistful of Fool's money, I'll buy two more K/5s and build then up too.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 PM   #58
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
[This happened a few years ago, when we were all flabbergasted that a 'time-warped' very clean two-tone '72 C/10 CST fleetside went for $24,000 at Barret-Jackson.]
It's a Sunday night, I'm coming home from work, and at a light, as guy in a later model green GMC kingcab pulls alongside my ' 71 GMC Jimmy...
Greentruck: "Hey how much for your Blazer?"
Me: [It's a Jimmy!] "Uh, Twenty five."
LIGHT CHANGES. I zoom ahead.
Next Light. He catches up.
Greentruck: "Twennyfive Hunnert!? I could do that'' he said -- all hot and bothered.
Light changes again. I zoom forward to the next light.
Greentruck: Yeah. I could do $2500."
Me: "No man. Twentyfive Grand.
Greentruck: Drops jaw. He shook his hand like he burned it on something hot.
Light changes. I pull away.

I mean, Hey? Did you see a For Sale sign? Don't waste my time. If you're dumb engough to give me a fistful of Fool's money, I'll buy two more K/5s and build then up too.
HARR! I used to get that with a '68 Skylark GS I had. With the truck I just say it isn't mine to sell.

"Well, it's just some old thing, you couldn't possibly want a lot of money for it!"

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:05 PM   #59
'68OrangeSunshine

Another time, I'm gassing up my Orange '68 C/10 Stepside, when a guy walks up and tells me it's a nice truck, would I sell it, because he has a fresh-built LS motor just waiting for a truck...
I replied, that I wasn't Gay.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote