The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #301
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Link to his ebay user. It looks like its the company themselves selling them.

http://myworld.ebay.com/autoarmour-a...84.m1497.l2754

It says its size "1679"

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #302
FetchMeAPepsi

Thanks! This guy has a cover for everything.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #303
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Since the "big guy" is in the garage for the winter (although mid winter updates are planned), I started on the "little guy"

Its the 64-66 model kit, but I'm using a Kyosho MiniZ RC car as the base. These started coming to the us in like 2000 as the first "full function" mini rc car, it uses a regular RC controller, has a primitive suspension and adjustable trims etc. They were 1;28 scale, but can be adapted to use a 1;24 scale model body.
I built a "gutted" version of the body with a raised bed floor and made mounts for the body to the chassis. The rear suspension was extened about an inch and a half. The chassis is a bit narrow for the body, but I'm working on a solution to that with some wider wheels from a different rc kit.
Here she is in a white mockup, I will paint the body and bed to match my truck, move the tail lights into the fender, and get the wheels, grill and accessories black to match mine.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #304
scotts62
One day...

That is pretty cool there!

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #305
McMurphy

That is wicked cool !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #306
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

A little primer and some paint, and a few satin black trim pieces. Got a pile of the small stuff to paint still.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #307
king-918

Whats the model # on those componets and how do they sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Actually got something accomplished today! Put in some hard work and finished the center console, aside from the hinges and upholstery/covering. Starting from a crappy cardobaord template, we used 1/2" mdf and table saw to do a good deal of work. We managed to squeeze a pair of 6.5" components with tweeters, their respective crossovers, a 4 channel amp, and a nice little tray so it still functions as a center console.

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah I'm really a Toyota guy, but had some stuff sitting around.

Oklahoma
king-918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #308
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

KS series components. Kicker makes a full line of them from 4 to 6x9. They make both component and non-component versions of the same speaker.

With a good box, well matched amp and the correct settings they sound awesome. When paired with the 6x9's I have for fill, and the sound deadening we added, its a WORLD different than I've ever had in an old vehicle. I get TONS of bass (feels like an 8" sub in the console), great highs, and I can turn the volume way up without distortion. Even with my crazy loud exhaust dumping right behind the cab, you can hear everything clear.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #309
Dub_X
Professional Crow Bar Tosser

I just went through this entire build and I am VERY impressed. The truck looks amazing, great body work, great interior work. One gorgeous stepside! Can't wait to see more.
Dub_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #310
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks Dub.

My neck is hurting after painting some of the small stuff. Forgot how un-steady my hands are after not picking up my striping or lettering brushes in like 9 months. Mirrors, door handles, and gas cap on and I painted the rad support, underside of hood and hood details. Getting there

Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #311
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Painted wheels, wide tires in rear, body on the rc chassis.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #312
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Only some work on the mini-me. Bedlined the bed to match, and took a photo of the chassis and "Swingarm" rear suspension it has.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #313
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Really cool mini me.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #314
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

FINALLY got some more pictures back from my bro. These were from the KY trip I posted about earlier, but he has a really nice DSLR, so I figured these would be worth putting up. Its a mix of the Glasgow carshow and the 'Vette museum in bowling green.

And I have no clue who's truck this is, but it was at the show, and I liked it

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #315
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Too cold to work on the truck, the garage heater isn't even keeping up. Instead I decided to go spend a week out in Jamaica, enjoying all that the warm little island has to offer, unfortunately all the pictures are on the GF's camera, but I'll toss them up soon.

In more un-truck related news, I did get a chance to get more tattoo work done. Another 4hr session into my chest plate, the zombie apocalypse piece I posted in black and grey. It needs another 2-3 hours of finishing background/color work and really stylizing a few details. I'm super happy, my tattoo artist doesn't suck.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #316
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Finally got some new parts showing up...getting ready for the weather to be tolerable...gearing up for horsepower season.

Picked up some -8 and -6 stuff to do a mini-rework on the fuel system. Some of you have noticed my sloppy return hose at the tank, which is getting trimmed and fitted with a 90* to fit cleaner under the bed. The -8 stuff is to get rid of that ugly (and non-nhra compliant) piece of FI rubber hose right off my sump. This will mean I have 0, NONE NADA, ZIP rubber in my entire fuel system.....NICE.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #317
jimmyjammoto

I've read your build thread twice now. LOL. You inspired me to look for a 6.0L and I just picked it up Friday morning. I may have missed it, but I had a couple of quick questions.

1. What transmission mount did you use and did you have any problem achieving the 4 degrees of tilt for these motors?

2. Is your steering column a direct fit for the 60-66 or did you use a universal tilt column?

Truck looks good and sounds mean!
jimmyjammoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #318
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Thanks Jimmy. The trans mount is as simple as it comes; its a parts-store off the shelf 4l80e trans mount, bolted to the stock 66 trans crossmember. Because of its straight across design (and the parallel-ness of the frame) you can slide the crossmember back, drill a couple holes and bolt it in place.

The steering column is a universal unit from ebay. I will warn that the adjuster is a little stubborn and the signals can be touchy (the auto-cancel thing isnt' centered so it clicks off early going left). I just had to get a couple ujoints and some D-shaft and bolt it all together.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #319
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

UPDATE.....YES UPDATE....I DID SOMETHING....I ACTUALLY LEFT THE HOUSE AND WALKED TO THE GARAGE.....

It felt sooo nice to get my hands and eyes on my baby again. The sun was out, and the blue paint just makes me spirit lighten......wow thats some S.A.F.E sh*t. (lookup the reference if you aren't familiar lol)

Anyway, albeit miniscule....I did some work. Many of you commented on my super-sheisty return line ending. The reducer-to-adapter-to-hosebarb wasn't really the "right" way to do the return, and even tho its the low pressure side of the system, the fitting just was sub-par for fuel system IMO. Trimmed it all up, and put a nice -6AN 90* on the end to finish it the clean, right way.

From this:

To the correct fitting. (can't fit the camera in there to show the installed pic with the bed on)

Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #320
66C06

lookin good bro!
07 Hayabusa - absolute chaos
66C06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #321
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Did the seasons oil change, 6qts of Royal purple 5w30.....even with a deal at 7.99 a quart it makes for a $50 oil change, ouch. Took the battery charger off, and she fired over first crank, no problems!

Looks like I have a leak at the header flange gasket; always a surprise what you'll find on the springs first start.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #322
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Had to return some stuff to summit since when I was ordering some of the new fuel parts, their vague descriptions led to a couple wrong choices. Oh well, it happens. Got the correct -8 stuff back in, but it just SNOWED in april here, which pisses me off.

On a more fun note; member LT1burb happen to have an extra Chevy gun rack kicking around, so I picked it up as a fun addition to the truck. Its in pretty good shape, the rubber is all in one piece and only scuffed up. I'm going to clean and coat the metal ends of the rack with some plasti coat just to give it the same look as my other trim.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #323
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Well it was finally over 50* again for a while, so I hit the garage and went after the feed line. While the setup has been reliable; running a 2 foot chunk of FI line right off a hose barb at the tank is sloppy at best, and involved downsizing and back upsizing by the time you got to the filter....not to mention the 2 little 3" sections of hose that ran from filter to hard line. I spent a few $$ and grabbed the stuff to finish it right.

ALL the rubber line is out of the system, everything is a mechanical connection, hard line, or stainless braided. The new setup :
-8 AN Male bung at tank=>-8AN 90* Hose end=>-8 braided hose=>-8AN Hose end=>-8AN to 10mm=>PUMP=>10mm to -8AN=>-8 Female union=>FILTER=>-8 Female Union=>-8 to 3/8 tube=>3/8 Union=>3/8 Nut on Hardline.
(still needs to get all cleaned up, and the tank needs to get cleaned or painted, the pump and brackets tucks back up onto the rail and can't be seen much from behind, I'll post some "pretty" ones when its all shiny)

Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #324
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Started looking at how bad my exhaust leak was; I guess the "Percy's XXX" gasket material isn't really as strong as they say. Looks like a burned out old piece of scrap to me. Gonna have to find some of those thick donut gaskets to seal this baby.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #325
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Got the other exhaust gasket out, ouch this stuff burned to crap in about a year.

Hit the parts store, used a stock gasket on the passenger side (the ball/sleeve kind), and had to try twice to find a good gasket for the drivers side. Found a ring-type gasket that was much thicker than the stock metal hoop, and allowed itself to be torqued down to create a nice seal. The 61084 and 61079 were the successful choices, the third gasket pictured fell apart upon dry fitting, not a good choice.

You can see the setup on the fuel system here, with the pump tucked up where it should be....definately time to clean up the back of that fuel cell though!

And a few underside shots and a side shot just because I had the camera at the time.

Last edited by BR3W CITY; 04-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.