The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #26
bagged74
its just $$$$$

I guess this board is going to end up like most other internet forums...Completely full of BS and $hit talkin. OH well, I used to really like this place.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 AM   #27
longnlow72

sweet truck, seems like im in the minority lol
72 Chevy lwb, cowl hood, shaved antenna, shaved bedrails, blazer tank, sidemarker fill, 1pc windows, flowmaster 40's, alpine deck, infinity 6x9's, infinity 4"ers, 2 jl audio 10w0's, grant wheel, keyless entry and alarm, more waiting to be done...
Old 02-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #28
longnlow72

any more pics?
72 Chevy lwb, cowl hood, shaved antenna, shaved bedrails, blazer tank, sidemarker fill, 1pc windows, flowmaster 40's, alpine deck, infinity 6x9's, infinity 4"ers, 2 jl audio 10w0's, grant wheel, keyless entry and alarm, more waiting to be done...
Old 02-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #29
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Quote:
Slammed67, check out www.silverstarcustoms.com They have built quite a few highdollar setups where the bridgework is actually what is supporting the weight.
First of all, I wasn't bashing him personally. I was only giving my opinion which is what he asked for.

Secondly, I looked at that site and didn't see any "bridgework" like what is shown in this thread. If his bridge had gone from the left frame rail to the right frame rail, I would have no problem with it (Like the ones I saw on that web site). His bridgework goes from each frame rail to the bag plate!

Quote:
I believe he is still running a 2 link setup, which if that is the case, the single bag is fine as there is no side to side articulation with that setup
No side to side articulation <---- also an improperly designed suspension.

Just because his setup hasn't failed yet doesn't mean it's well engineered.

Below is a pic I got off his web site showing another example of his lack of concern for safety. See the HIGH PRESSURE air cylinder (for the air bags) in the bed (I'm assuming CO2 or nitrogen)?? First of all it isn't properly secured to the vehicle and second of all there is no safety cap covering the regulator/shut-off valve. If you think that is "safe enough", then your opinions on this thread (and probably many others) are no longer valid.

On a side note, if that air bag ever fails he'll have a hell of a time replacing it.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:51 PM   #30
XXL
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed67
No side to side articulation <---- also an improperly designed suspension.
"Improperly?" Nah... but poorly for sure. Straight axle designs have been around for a zillion years, but by and large, civilization has progressed a bit such that we don't need to spend new effort designing new straight axle designs. There are too many good designs to waste time on straight axle effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed67
On a side note, if that air bag ever fails he'll have a hell of a time replacing it.
Easy enough...

Oh... and pray you don't ruin the rubber bag when you're putting all that heat on it.

Old 02-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #31
XXL
Señor Member

ouch...
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #32
jamis
F.A.S.T. president

like they say on Monty Python
"and now for something completely diffrent"
Not my cup of tea, but I wouldnt mind seeing it in person just because it's creative.
I dont now how it would maintain side to side stability with just the support in the middle.

"A fear of the Sawsall is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." ~Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 AM   #33
Wootdog

Sweeeeeet....

I wish I was half as good with metal as you are. Keep it up. Keep it different. You must have done something right to get all the attention. Just my two cents Kerry
Old 02-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74
I guess this board is going to end up like most other internet forums...Completely full of BS and $hit talkin. OH well, I used to really like this place.
no its not..

and as for the rest of you .. you should be ashamed of yourselves....... I dont care whos it is what it looks like or anything else.. didn't your mammas teach you if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouths shut???? opinions are great but hate isn't needed at all.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 AM   #35
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Yeah, what she said^^^^^^^

Edited to add:
I'm not so sure about the comments about the bottle. It does appear to have at least one mounting strap theat you can see in that pic. As far as the regulator cap... that bottle doesn't appear to be threaded for one anyway. Do you see caps over nitrous bottles?...no, they are not equipped for them....and in the event of an accident, I would consider the notrous bottle more dangerous than nitrogen anyway.

Don't bash the guy.......he is doing something, which is a lot more than some people do.

Last edited by LONGHAIR; 02-24-2005 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:42 AM   #36
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

No kidding, I'm a bit surprized at some of the comments as well. I think the truck is cool.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:52 AM   #37
72 Cheyenne402

I've never scene anything like this. It's not what I'd do with my truck but, to each his own. It seems like more of a piece of art and less like a truck to me.

Last edited by 72 Cheyenne402; 02-24-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:01 AM   #38
bagged91
Out draggin'

MHC, my point exactly... Constructive critism is fine, I'm all about that... But some of these guys are being down right nasty which is way out of line. In his original request of "tell me what you think", I don't really think this is what he is after.

Slammed, if you reread my post, I never said you were bashing his truck(I took your comments as constructive critism)... I simply stated that you should look at SilverStar's site. Obviously you won't see a setup on there with ONE bag but if you look at the overall design of some of thier setups, then you will see what I mean. I believe thier F350 Dually had a similar setup on it with the spider theme. 2 links have been around for a while. They aren't as practicle as a 4 link or 6 link but they still work as they were intened to by keeping the rear FIRMLY planted in the center. Maybe he needed the 2 link to keep the 22's from rubbing the bed??? Funny thing tho, for an improperly designed sytem, SilverStar, IF Customs & others sure are making a bundle on them...

As far as the comment about his Nitrogen bottle, it is secured with a proper strap but if you notice, there isn't much of a bedfloor so I assume that is why it is in the procarious position that it's in. If it were mine, I would have fabbed a nice mount on the frame for it IF I were to even run a bottle. I do agree that it should have a DOT transport guard on it. I personally don't like bottles, that is why I have an engine driven compressor on mine

Lastly, if you want to question me on my personal reguard for safety in a design, I will gladly post pictures of my 91 that I built by myself for you and anyone else to examine in another thread
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
Old 02-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #39
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged74
FYI, this place will not "end up like most other internet forums...Completely full of BS and $hit talkin"
There are to many people who really give a damn about it to allow that to happen.
Although sometimes it may take us a bit to find flaming if its not reported (thats what that little report post button is for .
If you no longer like this place, you know where the door is.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:03 AM   #40
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

oh yea, If ya want my opinion......
Leave the painted emblems, greasy fingerprints. Add a big a$$ sway bar in the rear and throw a huffer on that L6....
Now that’s different!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:45 AM   #41
silvertonguedevil

And what really sucks is what kind of an impression are we making on this new guy? Would you stick around? This is crap. We're a better group of people than this.

Let me be the first to say...."Welcome to the Board!!"

My Chevy trucks, past and present:

1962 C10 SB Fleetside
1964 C10 LB Fleetside BBW
1966 C10 SB Fleetside
1966 C10 SB Fleetside BBW
1968 C10 SB Fleetside
1971 C10 LB Fleetside
1971 C10 SB Fleetside
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne
1972 C10 SB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1972 C10 LB Fleetside Cheyenne Super
1974 C20 Cheyenne
1979 K5 Blazer Cheyenne
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Custom Deluxe
1982 K10 SB Fleetside Scottsdale
1986 C10 SB Fleetside Silverado
2008 Silverado 1500 4x4
Old 02-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #42
TATE228

all to keep from buying one more bag.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:11 PM   #43
krue
Designated A-hole!

Ya'll need to lay off the dude! Give him time to get used to this place before ya'll start bashing him! If I had received similar feedback when I posted pics of my sh!tty old green truck I wouldn't have stuck around and I don't blame him if he don't.

Sorry for the bad first impression sick7, stick around a while it really is a pretty cool place to hang out.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
Old 02-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #44
fastbagged68

What a peice of work! good job and the stupid award! Most unpractical, unsafe, under engineered air bag system! Keep that thing away from my ride...I don't want the bungee cords to let loose on the bottle. Sorry for bashing but you have got to be kidding me. I bet it rails like a slot car and rides like a caddy.

You were warned about negative comments.
Have a nice vacation

Last edited by DennyB; 02-24-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 PM   #45
bagged91
Out draggin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbagged68
What a peice of work! good job and the stupid award! Most unpractical, unsafe, under engineered air bag system! Keep that thing away from my ride...I don't want the bungee cords to let loose on the bottle. Sorry for bashing but you have got to be kidding me. I bet it rails like a slot car and rides like a caddy
Yep, you are a piece of work. Enough is enough if you haven't understood that from all of the above posts then I guess you win the stupid award. And apparently your not sorry for bashing, if you were then you would have shut your pie hole! Everything you mentioned above has already been discussed.

Unpracticle - Yeah, your not gonna haul a sheet of plywood in that truck no more...

Unsafe - If you really want to go there, is dragging really safe in ANY vehicle? NO... But we still do it. The bottle does have at least one metal strap holding it down, not a bungee...

Underengineered - How ya figure... He is using a basic 2 link. They are time tested. The only thing uncoventional about his setup is the bridgework/notch and the use of a single, VERY LARGE bag. To me, it looks like he spent a lot of time on it. I am not saying that I would have built it like that but it obviously works to some extent....

I think someone should lock this thread as it has gotten way out of hand. People just don't know how to show any respect... You should be ashamed...
72 C10 Burb (ex. Cheesewagon)SOLD
72 C20 Burb parts truck
71 C10 Burb "project"
Old 02-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #46
greasemonkey

I was just about to post the same thing bagged91, thanks for saving me the time.
I agree completely. Constructive criticism is one thing, bashing is another. Most of what I have read so far is plain bashing.
1sick7, welcome to the board. Good luck with the rest of the work you are planning. I like it when someone builds something different.
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #47
dropdprpls10

i dont think he is going for a race truck so the no side to side action and poorly designed comments are just BS if you ask me... as you can see from the body drop it self he is just going for looks and a "low life" style ...trust me ive been tehre i had a mini truck before and what gets awards at a show like the show that the picture was taken at that slammed67 posted.. which is low rollers end of summer bash is one of the biggest shows on the east coast for that type of younger automotive crowd.. so i really dont think he cares to much for driveablity .. hell for all we know it could be a trailer queen
Old 02-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #48
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged91
Yep, you are a piece of work. Enough is enough if you haven't understood that from all of the above posts then I guess you win the stupid award. And apparently your not sorry for bashing, if you were then you would have shut your pie hole! Everything you mentioned above has already been discussed.

I think someone should lock this thread as it has gotten way out of hand. People just don't know how to show any respect... You should be ashamed...

its now locked which is pretty sad... I should post a pic of my POS and see how bashed I get for fun..

I apologize for the rude welcomes, and hope you can overlook it and stick around 1sick7
Closed Thread