The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
jaros44sr

Re: The Doc & Kim 69 build

Jesse, nicely done on the ralleyes, truck is starting to come together

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
cornerstone

This is what I did to get around the problem of the Pypes 2.5" kit not going through the crossmember. It is a builders kit from Summit, and it was about half the price of the kit that as "designed" for the truck. Not raggin' on the kit at all, it just didn't work with a lowered truck.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
This is what I did to get around the problem of the Pypes 2.5" kit not going through the crossmember. It is a builders kit from Summit, and it was about half the price of the kit that as "designed" for the truck. Not raggin' on the kit at all, it just didn't work with a lowered truck.
these pics help a whole lot,, thats where im going to make my H-pipe fit Question whos trans crossmember is that I just ordered one from ECE that is supossed to allow for those pipes to ride up in the frame I hope .....Im already into this Kit so im just going to have some pipes left for the next one its all a $$$$s learning curve
thanks again
Jess
zicc1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
Question whos trans crossmember is that
I made it. It looks good but needs more structure added to it. It kinda lets the tail of the transmission bounce too much. I plan on getting it fixed soon.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #5
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Jesse, nicely done on the ralleyes, truck is starting to come together
thanks Jim to you on those trim rings they are stellar
Old 02-23-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
jaros44sr

Quote:
thanks Jim to you on those trim rings they are stellar
How and what did you use to clean them up? They didn't look that good in my basement

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 02-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
zicc1835

Quote:
How and what did you use to clean them up? They didn't look that good in my basement
little elbow grease and this.........they been hanging on my wall for 2+ years since I last saw you
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #8
zicc1835

nice work on that c-member ....get that patent going I think you got something there...I can see it now Cornerstone Crossmembers
Old 04-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #9
zicc1835

live learn and pay for my mistakes but thanks to Grumpy Im comfy ( that rhymes ) with the drive shaft position of the yoke what a difference an inch makes size does matter...... 2nd pic short by an inch 3rd pic is correct amount of yoke in the tail shaft all that being said between my lack of knowledge and the D-shaft shop balancing fee new spicer u joints cause the shop dosent like Moog I could have had a new one built from scratch): waiting on some SS exhaust parts to modify exhaust and looking at the degree of angle of tale shaft and pinion angle ill buy a protractor and use it one time ....on the bright side no vibration and ill have a protractor in my toll box good news HF there no more than 5 bucks
Attached Images

Last edited by zicc1835; 04-01-2019 at 11:04 PM. Reason: MORE
Old 04-01-2019, 11:07 PM   #10
cornerstone

Looking good sir! Tell us about your drive shaft... who did it... what material did you use... where did you buy it... how much dinero...??? You don't need to explain why.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:36 PM   #11
zicc1835

Quote:
Looking good sir! Tell us about your drive shaft... who did it... what material did you use... where did you buy it... how much dinero...??? You don't need to explain why.
I actually bought this shaft from Board member Grumpy Old Man had it balanced at a shop in NJ called Axle Exchange I have had work there done in the past...Owner said why didn’t you just let me build you one estimate 380.00 well all in what I payed grumpy include ship... new joints and balance I was close to all new ..... he does great work and has a decal/logo that’s KILLER....says he gets some push back from some folks cant imagine why
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #12
zicc1835

today we used 3/4 inch conduit to make the angles we need in the bends for the rest of the exhaust system....next problem is finding someone with a Mandral to bend stainless my local shop recommended a shop in Linden NJ hope he will do it for me his receptionist said to email him I will with the pictures. I went to his web site looks like he does some highend work and has participated in SEMA in the past ill see if i can get his attention
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #13
jaros44sr

crickets, all I hear are crickets....

any thing new? rolling chassis looks great

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 07-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #14
zicc1835

Jim,
I been tied up between the job getting in the way and prepping the Jersey Shore house for sale ....closing in a few days ...bitter sweat 20 years no regrets ...opening another chapter looking to snow bird it for a few winters ... the good news is ill have more time for the TRUCKS
Jess
Old 07-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #15
jaros44sr

Good idea to snow bird ,we do it now and then. Last year it was rather mild up here, so no need to head south! When do you plan to retire and enjoy the profit from your labors?

Talk to you soon, we are'nt spring chickens any more...

keep up the nice work on your truck

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 07-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #16
zicc1835

Quote:
Good idea to snow bird ,we do it now and then. Last year it was rather mild up here, so no need to head south! When do you plan to retire and enjoy the profit from your labors?

Talk to you soon, we are'nt spring chickens any more...

keep up the nice work on your truck
im going to stay 2 more years tops...im still enjoying the job and most of all the folks I work with...Im planning on more time on the truck,, thanks Jim, ill keep peekin in on your progress as well and plan on taking a ride out your way while the weather is nice
Old 07-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #17
jaros44sr

Quote:
im going to stay 2 more years tops...im still enjoying the job and most of all the folks I work with...Im planning on more time on the truck,, thanks Jim, ill keep peekin in on your progress as well and plan on taking a ride out your way while the weather is nice
great, your on the short term list. trucks not here, 4-8 weeks in the computer shop, then it's on it's way to NY for my sons shop...

you're welcome anytime, call ahead, to make sure I'm here. NEW little girl in the family, Cecilia Mary

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 08-13-2019, 01:21 AM   #18
zicc1835

Hey Jim congrats on Cecila Mary ...since last post sold the Jersey Shore house and now side tracked ... been tryng to avoid this for about 2 years as I new its been sitting in my neighbors garage ....oh yeah for 45 years in hiding... she is now in my garage ...a time capsule. I’m going to methodically resurrect it ...slowly I promised Bob the former original owner 86 years young who parked it in the garage in 1974 a ride when its a running 265 SB with a power glide behind it every thing is how it came out of the dealership(with some bumps and bruises ) original invoice and Jersey title from 55 enjoy the pics....
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2019, 06:15 AM   #19
nlped

OMG!!!! That’s incredible! I want one of these so bad!

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:13 AM   #20
67C10Step

WOW! That is truly a gem. Hasn't suffered decades of poor decisions by a any number of previous owners is priceless in my book.
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:17 AM   #21
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
WOW! That is truly a gem. Hasn't suffered decades of poor decisions by a any number of previous owners is priceless in my book.
^^^^^X2^^^^^

Man! Long term relationships have their rewards! SO NICE! Good luck on getting it running and definetly GIVE THAT MAN A RIDE

Lets just think about this for a minute.... He was 22 when he bought it new, drove it for 19 years and tucked it in his garage for the next 45 YEARS. This deserves a story written up in Hemmings or some sort of news paper. Just amazing.

Last edited by cornerstone; 08-14-2019 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #22
jaros44sr

thanks for the congrats Jesse, just spent a week down at OC, NJ with the family. What confusion!!!

Neat garage find, but you knew it was there, so not so much of a find, but still cool. that was our family car back in the day, only a '56

SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

Jim
Old 10-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #23
zicc1835

Quote:
^^^^^X2^^^^^

Man! Long term relationships have their rewards! SO NICE! Good luck on getting it running and definetly GIVE THAT MAN A RIDE

Lets just think about this for a minute.... He was 22 when he bought it new, drove it for 19 years and tucked it in his garage for the next 45 YEARS. This deserves a story written up in Hemmings or some sort of news paper. Just amazing.
A couple weeks ago I took Bob for his first ride in 45 years believe me this is his happy face .....( someone on tri- five board asked if I was the other teen driving)we drove around my neighborhood..insured but no plates...I’m waiting on a NJ to send me a duplicate Title they want to take and destroy the original ...my way around is to get the duplicate and use it to transfer ownership
So far
Getting a little shine back
Replaced gas tank
Re cord radiator
Replaced water pump
Replaced rad hoses
Tires
Rubber gas line
I have all rubber brake hoses not installed yet
I will rebuild original water pump (for engine rebuild someday)
Enjoying the slow resurrection
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2019, 09:50 AM   #24
Abe31968

Hay zinc dam nice job .you were the right home for me and my wife's baby .keep up the great work .don't forget to send pics thanks abe and kim
Abe31968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:26 PM   #25
zicc1835

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
OMG!!!! That’s incredible! I want one of these so bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Quote:
^^^^^X2^^^^^

Quote:
thanks for the congrats Jesse, just spent a week down at OC, NJ with the family. What confusion!!!

Neat garage find, but you knew it was there, so not so much of a find, but still cool. that was our family car back in the day, only a '56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe31968 View Post
Hay zinc dam nice job .you were the right home for me and my wife's baby .keep up the great work .don't forget to send pics thanks abe and kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Nice garage find. I just read through your thread. I'm waiting to see both up and running.
thanks all more to come