The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network







Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
BigLittle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Got a heck of a deal on a super nice cab and bed but no frame/chassis. I've been considering roadster chassis but are they worth what their asking?

Last edited by BigLittle; 01-09-2019 at 11:21 PM.
BigLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
roastmaster
Registered User
 
roastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 25
Re: Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Thanks what we are going to do one of these days on our burb is to do a full frame like gsi or roadster shop. Id say its worth the money since your getting the full frame with stuff already installed on it. You don't have to do the cutting part on anything. We have a square here in AZ with one that took the corners going 90 without breaking a sweat lol. Its a lot of cutting and work to build it yourself lol.
__________________
1 1965 c10 shortbed
1 1965 suburban
2 1972 c10 shortbeds
1 1973 c10 shortbed
1 1979 2wd blazer
roastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:21 PM   #3
BigLittle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Re: Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastmaster View Post
Thanks what we are going to do one of these days on our burb is to do a full frame like gsi or roadster shop. Id say its worth the money since your getting the full frame with stuff already installed on it. You don't have to do the cutting part on anything. We have a square here in AZ with one that took the corners going 90 without breaking a sweat lol. Its a lot of cutting and work to build it yourself lol.
Definitely a lot of work to build it yourself. I have a buddy that owns a body shop so only thing I'll be out on paint and body work is the cost of paint.
BigLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:28 PM   #4
roastmaster
Registered User
 
roastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 25
Re: Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittle View Post
Definitely a lot of work to build it yourself. I have a buddy that owns a body shop so only thing I'll be out on paint and body work is the cost of paint.
thats a pretty good deal. Were putting a porterbuilt setup on one of our 72's and we just dont have much time (or money) to work on it all the time.

What year is the truck?
__________________
1 1965 c10 shortbed
1 1965 suburban
2 1972 c10 shortbeds
1 1973 c10 shortbed
1 1979 2wd blazer
roastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
BigLittle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 4
Re: Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastmaster View Post
thats a pretty good deal. Were putting a porterbuilt setup on one of our 72's and we just dont have much time (or money) to work on it all the time.

What year is the truck?
72 shortbed
BigLittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:36 PM   #6
roastmaster
Registered User
 
roastmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Mesa Arizona
Posts: 25
Re: Opinions on Roadster chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLittle View Post
72 shortbed
The best year imo
__________________
1 1965 c10 shortbed
1 1965 suburban
2 1972 c10 shortbeds
1 1973 c10 shortbed
1 1979 2wd blazer
roastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com