The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
darkone

Thumbs up Mar-K instructions, and what is hidden with their "w/ Hidden Mounting"

so, i ordered my Mar-K Part Number: 111504 "Standard Bed Strips and Wood with Hidden Mounting Holes"

firstabul: their instructions do not outline where the smaller support cross sill goes on the Long bed step-side bed layout

secondabul: what the H? what is it that they, "hid"? there is nothing hidden about the mounting holes for the wood. I have 2 polished off set washers and 18 regular 1/16"th unpolished dollar store washers.

I swear im getting real tired of the forever problematic part fitting orders im always getting from re-pro company's. just the latest problem/rant in my seemingly unending acquisition of "not quite rite" parts.

ps: yes i can spell first of all and second of all, i just choose not to
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Re: Mar-K instructions, and what is hidden with their "w/ Hidden Mounti

Darkone:
I know that we called you on the phone, so we have already explained all of this to you, however we thought it would be helpful for others who might have the same questions, to see the answers below.
1. The instructions explain where the reinforcement strip (small cross sill) was to go in paragaph (or line) #26. However, we apologize that the instructions incorrectly stated there were 2 reinforcement strips instead of 1. Thank you for helping us find that and correct it.
2. The hidden bed to frame kit is for the bolts to go underneath the wood but on top of the cross sill/rear cross sill. Hopefully this image will help (look at the small inset).

In this year series, we include 2 bed-to-frame washers to keep the bolt head from falling through the rear cross sill because the hole is too large. The rest of the fenderwashers are made to go underneath the bed to hold the wood together where there isn't a cross sill to attach the bolts. These bolts and washers are all hidden from the top side of the wood and is made to work with our Bed Wood with Hidden Mounting holes. This wood has the area hollowed out for the bolts to sit beneath.
Hope this helps!
Old 09-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
darkone

mar-k does have great phone support turns out, there were only minor discrepancies, ive changed my opinion to highly recommended
Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Stand up guys all around! one who admits and corrects mistakes on their products and one who has an open mind

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
Indian113

Now thats Customer Service!!! Glad everything worked out
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
darkone

Mar-K,
I have a few other concerns. pictured is the bed to frame fastener. as you can see the fastener head is not much bigger than the hole through the cross sill. i feel like there should be a washer possibly? the welded cross sill washer seems to work fine.

second: the head on the bed to frame bolt will continue to spin if i keep tightening it, correct? there is nothing to actually hold the square (or common) head still while tightening the nuts.

third: i have 10 bed to frame fastener locations. 3 cross sills on the front half of the bed with bed to frame mount holes in the sills. then 2 on the back half, one removable sill, and the welded one. (i am 2 bed to frame bolts short, my kit included 8)

fourth: you recommend a rubber plate between the bed and frame (i assume this is for squeaking) What do you recommend an individual use? a rubber hard enough to stand the test of time and weight is probably going to be tough to come across. I looked at LMC truck's catalog but didn't see anything.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
darkone

pics
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #8
darkone

Re: Mar-K instructions, and what is hidden with their "w/ Hidden Mounting"

also the order of the cross sills matters, if you dont notice this, you will end up with a cross sill, and holes in the wrong place due to a different bed to frame spacing on one of the cross sills
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

here is a pad.

http://www.tuckersparts.com/Bed-Mount-Pads-B-BP015.html

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde65 View Post
Thanks clyde, I will prob place the order over the weekend. Hopefully ill hear back from these guys soon as well
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
MAR-Ktech
Truck Parts Mfg.

Darkone:
1. You are using original cross sills, correct? The holes in these were made for using the standard bed wood boards which had holes at the top of the wood instead of hidden holes like we sell. On the cross sills that we sell for this kit, holes are square punched smaller to fit the square shoulder on the bolt so not having a washer there is not an issue. You can use 7/16 flat washers here to put between the bolt and the cross sill for extra support. We sell square hole punched bed-to-frame washers or you can buy 7/16 flat washers locally with a 1/2" hole for the square shoulder of the bolt to fit through.
2. The bolts may spin unless you use something to hold the head as you are tightening the nuts. On the cross sills that we sell for this kit, holes are square punched to help keep this from happening. You can weld a square hole bed-to-frame washer to the cross sill to prevent your bolts from turning.
3. Two (2) of the bed-to-frame holes in the frame do not get a bed to frame bolt. The second cross sill sits on the frame bracket and supports the bed but does not have a bed to frame bolt. What is original on your truck is only 8 bed-to-frame bolts.
4. There is a rubber pad set that we sell for this truck. You can find it here: http://www.mar-k.com/Catalog/itemDet...?ItemID=120181 .

Hope these help! Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. You can also email me at webmaster@mar-k.com.