The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
Blue68

Post Fan shroud help

As you can see from my sig, I've installed the engine and accessories from a '98 chevy truck. I'm trying to find a fan shroud that will work. I've seen a similar setup in a guys suburban (been a couple of years) where he was running (I think) a big block shroud with the accesories from a vette or something.

Can anyone tell me some of the measurements for the bb shroud? Diameter of the fan hole, how far from the core surface to the back of the shroud where the fan enters, and if possible the depth where the shroud tapers into the fan opening. The clutch sits about 1.25 inches from my core and the fan blads are around 4 inches from the core. And the blade is about 19 inches in diameter.

Summer is coming and I'd like to get something in place. Stock looking is preferred. But if not, I'll have to have something made.

------------------
Frisco, Tx

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.

Way too much money and time invested..But it's a hobby.

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote