The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
BigRed

High Quality Aftermarket AC Company

There is a quality aftermarket AC company in my complex here at work in Fort Worth. The company is CC Classic and they do really good work. I went through the shop today and the owner showed me several of the vehicles he's working on now ('63 Thunderbird and '68 Ford Pickup).

The owner has a '80 SWB that is in great condition. He installed the AC system for our trucks in his and it is very clean installation. His truck did not originally have AC and the system he installed will cost you around $1800 installed. However, he sells the system for $1150 and it comes with awesome step-by-step instructions with detailed pictures.

The system uses the original heater contol so this system enables you to keep the stock look. He adds the two driver side vents and the two passenger side vents. The entire heater box assembly is removed and replaced with his components. He adds all the appropriate components under the hood with factory-like brackets and hard tubing. His truck has a highly-modified inline 6 with this system in it but he said he has all the necessary brackets to make it work for any engine setup. The beauty of this system is that it doesn't take up alot of space under the hood. All the components that are on the passenger side of the fire wall are not present. All you have there with this system are 3 or 4 pipes running through the firewall and under the dash. I think he will also take a truck that has ac and convert it to his system. Therefore, you will get back alot of that space under the hood!

Oh, and by the way if you mention my name (Scott Shelbourne), the owner will give me a kick back of $50.

See pictures here. http://www.shelbournes.net/trucksite/CCClassic.htm

The company info is:
CC Classics Air Conditioning
2673 Gravel Dr.
Bldg 1
Fort Worth, TX 76118
817-284-5811
mds2660@msn.com

Last edited by BigRed; 01-09-2003 at 03:14 PM.
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 03:21 AM   #2
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Wonder how much it would be to get mine get back fixed with AC. Since it came originally with ac and have most of the stuff other than compressor, condenser (broke taking out old engine) and some hoses I bet I could get it cheaper when ready. Makes me wish I hit the lottery

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #3
BigRed

Brandon, I'm sure he'll tell you what he can do for you. Chris is a really nice guy and easy to talk to. You should give him a call if not anything else to get a ballpark value on what it might cost.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:41 PM   #4
Txstruck

Wish I had AC, but i dont think it would fit in my truck. Where the compressor goes is where my second alternator goes/is.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:13 PM   #5
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

If you need A/C you driving too slow.
Yes I have A/C. It was the second major item I fixed after replacing the transmission. After the 350 I probably won't need it. :p
Old 01-11-2003, 08:19 AM   #6
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Quote:
Originally posted by gchemist
After the 350 I probably won't need it. :p
If that ever happens Plus when being stuck in traffic and also if you have young kids you need it.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 03:45 PM   #7
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

Quote:
Originally posted by 79BIG10

If that ever happens Plus when being stuck in traffic and also if you have young kids you need it.
my parents cars and trucks when me and my sisters growing up hardly ever had A/C in them and we all turned out fine and never whined about it.i must be weird in that regard b/c i think air conditioning has no place in a automobile.if i wanna cool off i roll the window down.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:35 PM   #8
vmax

we have the same style units at our shop and they are very cheap units.
you have really no options for that style a/c system.
the unit sits behing your glove box,actually you loose half of your glove box space because it gets cut up and put back together to make the unit fit.
i have the same unit in my truck and there is nothing like a factory a/c.
it does not hook up to your factory duct work.only mode you have is in your face.it doesnt go on defrost,bi/level,or floor.
the unit has its own blower assy. with duct hose hooked to the unit and routed through out your dash like factory vents.
either you like it cold or hot.
you cannot blend the a/c with the heat. if you switch the control head to heat the a/c turns off and vise versa.
we manufacture these units at plant and many more different types from cars to school busses to trains.
the unit that i have in my truck cost about $165.00 at my cost.
and the company is still making a profit.
we manufactured over 52,000 units for 2002 installed and shipped out.
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:45 AM   #9
MOUSE

hey vmax, are you tellin me that i could get A/C back in my '85 C10 for under $200 bucks? If so, let me know email, pm, something....thanks.g.t.(1PHATC)
MOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 06:37 PM   #10
C_U_LATER

vmax i'm also intrested around that price!
C_U_LATER is offline   Reply With Quote