The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #1
Senor_paco

Edelbrock #1407 carb jets/rods help please

Hello again, I've started playing with my Edelbrock 1407 to get the secondaries to work properly, and am on the right track, but need a little guidance fro mthose of you in the know. First of all, whenever I stomped on it, it would just bog out. Then I bought some step up springs, and replaced the orange 5" springs with the pink 7" springs. well, now we have something but it sputters a lot. Okay, then I put in the silver 8" springs. Now we are going good to about 75-80% WOT, then it starts to bog. I'm thinking I need to go with richer jets, maybe 2 stages as per Edelbrocks' site, but wanna make sure I'm going the right way. I'm thinking since the spring is weaker, it opens under higher vacuum, feeding more fuel, so if I go richer, it'll give me more fuel and also by replacing the rod 2 stages richer, it won't affect my cruise mode, since that's currently ok, with the plugs being a light tan. I don't wanna replace my jets if I can help it. THe rods are right on top and take maybe 2 minutes to swap. A heck of a lot easier than my old Holley carbs. My Ex said she could hear me stomping on it almost 3 blocks away!

Am I right on the rods issue?
Senor_paco is offline   Reply With Quote