The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
just_ridin

Build Thread...1971 C20

Love the help everyone's given with our previous build, thank you once again.

For our next performance, we'll be tackling a '71 C20 with 46k miles we picked up from a guy who said his back surgeries kept him from completing the build; so he let it go for not much money at all.

It looked like he'd done some really good work to get it started..the outer rockers seemed to be re-done and lined up great...then we put it on the lift (lol). It's not a mess, but after realizing he glued and bondo-ed the rockers and cab mount supports in place we saw the rust he covered (some with bondo, some with the outer rockers).

Lots to say, but I'll just post some pics (when I can...getting some message about not having the right security stuff in place) and let y'all see where we're starting...I'll appreciate any/all input, and say to direct comments/questions at the notion that we're trying to get her back together in as close to factory condition as possible.

Will try to update as regularly as I can...will be working 3-4 nights a week on her and hope to have her done in 6 weeks...2 of us doing the bulk of the work, and will have a few others joining in as they can/want to.
just_ridin is offline   Reply With Quote