The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
c10addict

Re: Project "Poison Ivy" 54 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerswany View Post
You're my hero and patina partner - love the trucks! Have you ever discussed your favorite bag - components? and some of the costs associated? Sometimes you can save a little here and there - but need to spend the dough wisely - premium parts aren't always the highest priced! (but we know they often are) - subscribed.
Thanks for the compliments.. I am all over the board with air ride stuff.. My 68 has An ART Coolride kit,Big Red valves, 3/8 line, two 3 gallon tanks and 1 compressor. Also running drop spindles and blocks in the rear .. That was pretty much all there was when I bagged that truck.. Plus after a four year build when I decided to bag it 6 months after it was done I didn't want to cut anything...

The 64 has a Dropmember with ART control arms, KP notch with stock trailing arms. I am running manual valves in that truck.. I have a set of Big Red valves sitting but its hard to fix whats not broken. This truck also has two 3 gallon tanks and one compressor..

The 54 is going on the 97 S10 chassis.. Bags and drop spindels up front, Extensive metal works 2 link in the rear.. Couldn't beat the deal on the two link.. Not worth taking the time to build my own.. As I said this truck is pretty simple.. Keepin the 4.3 so I am not worried about the way it hooks up.. Just want it low.. I also have a set of Big Red valves for this truck as well..

The 67 is way on the back burner for now.. But I Z'd the frame 3 inches, cut an inch off of the front bag cups and run 2.5" drop spindles.. The rear is a KP notch and stock trailing arms.. Who knows what I will do with this truck for air management..

Any questions please hit me up!
54 GMC under the knife getting a S10 chassis swap and bagged. See my build thread...
07 GMC Sierra 5/7 drop, 22's and 24's Air ride on my mind..
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=339340

See pics of my trucks in my profile

Last edited by c10addict; 08-31-2009 at 10:32 PM.
c10addict is offline   Reply With Quote