The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Jimbabwe

PB bagged 69 stepside-because Leon asked...

Leon (502MS),
Here are the bed related pics. Raised the entire bed 1 1/2" so the bottom of the step is even with the cab, instead of hanging lower. Not sure if now lowering the rear to the same ride height with less air in the bag will be a worse ride out back. I also think even though the step is now flush, the body line is higher. So maybe not raising the bed, or only a 3/4" instead of 1 1/2" might be better. No clearance is gained by raising the entire bed higher, since lowering the truck back down to the ride height is the same, you will only have pushed the frame closer to the ground, meaning it will be more inclined to scrape, and also having less air in the bag to get it lower may be to poor a ride and too bouncy--also allowing it to hit the ground easier.
The wheels are 18x8 4.5"bs, and 20x10 5.25"bs witha 1.25" adapter because my next wheels will have 4"bs and I won't have to narrow the rear a second time. Tires are 245/45/18 and 295/40/20. Rear narrowed to 54" outside to outside.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jimbabwe; 01-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote