The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #1
69Tom

73 interior questions

I'm usually in the 67-72 side of the forum, so pretty new to the square body world. As I'm seemingly in a never ending restoration of my 70 (and then 72), and I have a bunch of projects around the house for which I need a truck (including the restoration of a truck - catch-22), I'm hopefully checking out a 73 stepside in a few days, so I have a few questions.

As an AZ truck, as you can imagine, the interior is shot. So:
  1. aside from getting material from SMS, does anyone make a Custom or Custom Deluxe seat cover?
  2. Anyone make a reproduction steering wheel?
  3. How are the reproduction door panels? Are they as crappy as the 71-72 panels when it comes to fit?
  4. I read the thread on dash pads, which was a coupe years old. Looks like the best way to go is get the vinyl covered pad, which is more like the OEM pad. Is there a difference between AC and non-AC pads?
  5. I think the 73 still had 80/20 loop carpet. SMS the best to get?

I'm guessing if I get the truck, I'll have many more questions, but this is good for a start. I repeat to myself, this is NOT a project truck....this is not a project truck...this is.....
69Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:09 AM   #2
TKCR

Re: 73 interior questions

https://www.usa1industries.com/1973-...ior-kit-parts/
I would look here. They have a complete interior kits, or you can purchase a lot of the stuff separately. Their colors are spot on to the original colors. Seat covers are handmade, and very high quality.
Now, you may get some comments about the wait time. If you do order, your going to have to be patient. This is a small, but growing company that does most of the work themselves. They hand-make the seat covers, do all their dyeing in house. I got a complete 81-87 Silverado Door Panels from them. It took 4 weeks, but I couldn’t be happier. Well worth the wait.
If they had all these complete kits 6 years ago, when I restored my interior, this would have been the route I had taken. But I had to really do some searching for parts and colors, and had to settle for less quality parts. This is one reason why I just recently got new door panels from them. They are the only place that has door panels that are close to the OEM look.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
69Tom

Great. Thanks for the link. Kind of nice you can buy everything all in one package. Wish they showed a better pic of the seat covers. I think basically they're selling the Cheyenne vinyl style seat cover, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by 69Tom; 05-22-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:27 PM   #4
ShortHaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Great. Thanks for the link. Kind of nice you can buy everything all in one package. Wish they showed a better pic of the seat covers. I think basically they're selling the Cheyenne vinyl style seat cover, but maybe I'm wrong.
If you order a catalog from them they have some decent pictures in there.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...49#post8769049
”Otis” 1970 C10 SWB -SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=762766
”Chebby” 1962 Impala LS/TKO-500
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...2-Impala-Build
ShortHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #5
69Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortHaul View Post
If you order a catalog from them they have some decent pictures in there.
Ah cool thanks. If I get the truck, I definitely will.