The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
dragon69

Dragon69

Hello everyone and welcome to my build tread. I have owned this truck since 1997 and drove it in high school. It has pretty much sat around for the last 10-15 years and not seen much love. I figure it is time to get started on it!

It is a 1969 c10 that started life as a long step side according to the guy I bought it from years ago. Awhile ago it got shortened to a swb and needs a ton of work. I am starting with the driver side rust and will focus on the cab for now.

It has a 350/350 combo and I’m not sure what I’ll do for the drivetrain yet. I want to do as much myself as possible and make a nice driver out of it. My oldest is 12 so maybe I can get it done so she can drive it to school every once in awhile. (We only live 3-4 blocks from the school)

Anyway, here are a couple pics as it sits
Attached Images

dragon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM   #2
cornerstone

Re: Dragon69

Welcome aboard man! I'm in for the ride. Plenty of threads on the forum that will be a big help to guide you through the work as efficiently as possible. One recommendation I would offer is to plan your repairs one, or possibly two at a time. So often I see scope creep and before you know it the truck is fully disassembled and it's down for many more years than anticipated. (ask me how I know!) They come apart so much easier than they go back together...

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote