The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #1
ncsurveyor

Ls swap kit recommendation?

Not as much traffic on the ls subforum so I thought I’d try here. Can you guys recommend an ls swap kit? I’m trying to get most of all my parts ordered before taking my truck to my builder to do my swap. I’m putting a 6.2 L94 in my 68. I’m not sure what all individual parts I need and would probably be safer getting an all inclusive kit. I guess I’d prefer long tube headers unless it’s a waste of money over mid length?
Thanks
ncsurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:49 PM   #2
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Re: Ls swap kit recommendation?

The view counter is messed up ,so dont go by views, thinking nobody's looking

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #3
Hatzman

ncsurveyor,

I wish I had someone to help me when I started. Didn't know where to look or who to ask. This is a great place for information, but you will get the nay sayers once in a while... I did an LS swap with a LQ9 into my 1970 C10.

Classic Performance Products (CPP) is a great place to go get what you need. Unfortunately I bought most items one piece at a time not knowing any better.

The parts I got from CPP where:

Engine mount - Part # 6372MP-SM
Dough Thorley Headers - Part# THY-323Y-C
Dirty Dingo Mounts - can't find the part number but they sell them.

There is a kit you can buy and it has everything listed above, including a transmission cross-member. I used the stock one so didn't get the kit. The kit is Part # 6772LS1-FRK (Confirm that the parts I listed above are in that kit)

You will also need to order Cadillac CTS-V oil pan kit. A buddy of mine got it for me, so I don't recall where he got it from but a quick search brings up numerous sites. CPP might have that as well.

If you go full tard like I did, I ordered the Holley accessory drive kit (In parts again)... Just buy the complete kit and save yourself piece-mealing the thing together. The part number I should have purchased was #20-141 on the Holley website.

Even though I had the wiring kit with the engine I bought, I once again went full tard and ordered a SpearTech engine wire harness with the vette gas pedal. I am glad I did this, the old harness had so much crap on it it would have been a mess.

There you go for starters buddy, If you have any questions, PM me. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsurveyor View Post
Not as much traffic on the ls subforum so I thought I’d try here. Can you guys recommend an ls swap kit? I’m trying to get most of all my parts ordered before taking my truck to my builder to do my swap. I’m putting a 6.2 L94 in my 68. I’m not sure what all individual parts I need and would probably be safer getting an all inclusive kit. I guess I’d prefer long tube headers unless it’s a waste of money over mid length?
Thanks

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618848

Last edited by Hatzman; 05-26-2020 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typos
Hatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:15 AM   #4
johnsrob

I am in the middle of my LS swap also I just Purchase all of these Part from Holley haven't install yet but looking forward. Only thing about this kit is you are pretty much married to Holley Black Heart LS Swap system. I also bought the headers. 17/8 Not sure yet I'm about a month out. I went through the same thing researching. You have to really search through the forums and try to put all the info together. Hope this work for you

Part numbers for my swap

Parts number it’s the Black Heart LS Swap for 72

Part numbers : BHS511 - 1967-72 GM C10 LS/LT Engine Swap Frame Brackets.

Part number : (Black) - 71221016HKR - Hooker BlackHeart LS/LT Polyurethane Insert

Part number : Hooker Blackheart 71221018HKR heavy duty clamshells.

Part number : Hooker Blackheart 71223015HKR engine mount bolt kit.

Part number : Hooker Blackheart 71222024HKR-2 - Transmission Crossmember. I will probably run a 4L60 or a 6L90E I didn’t. See the option for the 6L90 but the difference should just be a spacer.
johnsrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:17 AM   #5
68Stepbed

My first go-round, I used these POL towers. They'll mount in the stock V8 position or the rearward 6 cylinder position to get the engine moved back. Be sure to use good engine mounts like THESE

These Dirty Dingo sliders. allow you to move the engine to a desired location.

Of course, you could always just use Engine Mounts like these with the Dirty Dingo sliders on the stock perches.

The Doug Thorley headers work great, or the less expensive option would be the Speed Engineering headers. They offer shorty, mid length, and long tube.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #6
Andyking1203

Headman headers also makes ankit that includes everything!! Including the oil pan, and they give you options for the headers!!
Andyking1203 is offline   Reply With Quote