The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Did you get everything done that you planned?
Yup...everything and then some. 11 16.18%
Close enough to call good. 13 19.12%
Missed the mark just a little. 5 7.35%
Pffft, yeah, like I meet my goals in this hobby. 13 19.12%
What? I was supposed to get something done? Why didn't y'all tell me? 26 38.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #51
GreyHoundSteve

busy, busy, busy weekend. I logged in a solid 20 hours of truck building time this weekend and got ALOT done. I got my front end painted and buffed and all but the grill is done and ready to install though im going to go ahead and do the suspension before i put the front end back on. I also got around to test fitting the seats and boy did i screw the pooch on that one. I had bought some late modle trailblazer seats and based off some rough measurements i thought they would fit no problem and so i had them covered in new leather about 2 months ago and when i tossed them in there yesturday and shimmed them level i hopped in and realized that my head was about 2 inches from the roof and that my steering wheel was about 4" from my chest. I figured the steering column would be a problem but trying to get those seats lower is a much bigger problem because i already covered them in the last of the leather i had and banked on them fitting alright. I think what im going to have to do is removed the mounting brackets from the track and then notch out a section of the cab floor and drop the tall brackets and power seat motor down in that notched out section. Im going to work on it evenings this week and hopefully have them mounted by next weekend so i can install my new suspension parts i ordered from ece. I should also have my door panels finished and my headliner mold pulled by this weekend. Im gonna work on my truck everday and try to have it ready (or at least streetable) for the n. Texas get together in March. I didnt think i would even have it close by then but i got so much done this week that im gonna try to keep this pace and see how much i can get done by then. Im hoping to send the bed to the blaster next week and hopefully its in pretty good shape and i wont have to spend too much time getting it ready for paint.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #52
dwaite72lnghrn

I tore off the carb broke it down and cleaned it all out. Put it back on and set it up. Then put a cheap sun-pro tach on the truck. Repositioned the vacuum gauge and aftermarket temp further up on the bottom of the dash.
Next week I will adjust the rockers and take it for a longer drive.
71 GMC k20 350/sm465
2009 Chevy hd3500 6.6 Victory Red crew cab dually
Dave & Jeanne
dwaite72lnghrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #53
Bob Moore

Weekend

Got nothing done on the truck but SOLD $400 worth of crap er good stuff at the swap meet. Some steering wheels and misc. truck parts. My buddy bought a 68 long fleet 4X4 running for $800. We will rebody it as a 72 SWB fleet 4x.

Today(Monday) I searched the junkyard for more good stuff for this coming weekend and another swap meet.
more to follow
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:37 PM   #54
Jesse72

I got a lil more body work done and started to strip my hood not nearly what i wanted to get done

72 4x4 Sold

59 GMC air ride ls swap
Jesse72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #55
DR67

Pulled the engine, trans, and cleaned frame, new engine next weekend.

DR
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 AM   #56
JalopyToGo

Removed the cab from the frame. Cut off the manual trans cross member. Removed the 6 lug drum front end and rear end. Blasted the frame, trailing arms, and automatic trans cross member. Hope to be in primer tonight.
06 Caddy CTS
JalopyToGo is offline   Reply With Quote