The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
feller

Driveshaft????

Ok so after a bunch of problems, about 2 years ago, and stuff getting in the way, and life happening, I finally figured out what is wrong with my driveshaft. The P.O. decided to replace the i6/3ott with a 350/350 combo and cut the d/s down. You can see how little yoke was in the tail shaft, and the booger welds that I missed until today. Also note the length difference between the two shafts, the longer one is out of a coil spring truck, mine is leaf sprung, so I can't even harvest parts from my parts truck, ha! Also the th 350 I just pulled has the 9 inch tail shaft so I am going to be short all around. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. I have a 200 4r that I was going to swap in, but its about 3 inches shorter than the 350, also have another 350 that is out of parts truck, with 6 inch tail, but probably needs a rebuild and of course the one I just pulled needs a rebuild as well, so I am still without a dependable truck.
Attached Images

feller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
feller

Re: Driveshaft????

I need a driveshaft shop between Indianapolis and Louisville Kentucky, any one know of a good one?
feller is offline   Reply With Quote