The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Patsfan34

Thanks to the mod who keeps moving my threads!

Previous experience shows me that when I post questions on my truck in the 4x4 section I get 1 or 2 responses. NOT MANY MEMBERS GO TO THE 4x4 SECTION...PERIOD! So happy holidays to you and thanks for aggravating me! And, I'm a site supporter your doing this to...someone who gave money to your site and you're inhibiting me from gathering the information I seek!
Old 12-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
71blksuper4x4
SWB 4x4 Collector

Re: Thanks to the mod who keeps moving my threads!

Easy now, it happens to all of us supporting members. Trust me, the 4x4 guys know their stuff if it's 4x4 related. Trevor
1971 Cheyenne Super 4x4 swb (tilt,tach,buckets, original blue shoulder belts,am/fm,cruise,tow hooks, dealer 8 track)
1972 Cheyenne Super K20 4x4 Custom Camper (tilt, tach, am/fm, tow hooks, bed toolbox, aux gas tank
1972 Cheyenne Super Crew Cab K30 4x4 Duramax, Allison, np205, buckets, tow hooks (CURRENT PROJECT)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=624819
1989 V3500 Crew Cab (454tbi, NV4500, np205)
1970 Chevelle SS (LS5 454,th400,8track,buckets,tach)
:2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (daily driver)

WTB: 1968-70 Cruise Control Lever
Old 12-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan34 View Post
Previous experience shows me that when I post questions on my truck in the 4x4 section I get 1 or 2 responses. NOT MANY MEMBERS GO TO THE 4x4 SECTION...PERIOD! So happy holidays to you and thanks for aggravating me! And, I'm a site supporter your doing this to...someone who gave money to your site and you're inhibiting me from gathering the information I seek!
Ok Patsfan34 ...take a deep breath and count to 10. Like 71blksuper4x4 said ...we all have had our threads moved to the correct forum when in the wrong place. It has happened to me more than once and I am also a paid supporter. We have specific forums to make life simpler so people can go to a specific subject forum w/o looking through hundreds of threads. Weather its engine, body , or 4x4 ... there is a proper place for most posts.
As you have noticed...some areas will get a lot more traffic flow than others. Hope this explains why it is done and thanks for understanding.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 12-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

The whole point of the different sections is to keep things more organized and it takes everyone's help to make it work.
But is it really the quantity of responses that you really need? The actual volume is irrelevant if you get one that is 100% correct. Yes, the specialized boards are a bit slower, but accuracy counts, and your question can get missed on the faster moving "year specific" areas.

It is nothing personal, it happens to everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #5
mr48chev

I believe that his complaint is that he doesn't get answers or many answers when he posts the question in the 4x section or it gets moved to the 4x section. I for one seldom venture there unless I just happen to see something out on the index page that catches my attention.

For 4x4 only questions that relate to the front axle, suspension or transfer case I can see keeping them regulated to the proper section but for general truck questions people may get more and better answers by posting here.

As a side note: It gets tiresome to see off the wall trying to be cute posts on threads where someone is trying to get a serious question answered. I see this too often along with a couple of posters who obviously have no clue what the question or answer is but feel that they have to post something anyhow. We make a serious effort to help each other solve issues on our trucks here and it is not helping the person to post nonsense on one of those threads.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Mudder

I moved your thread.. It was related to a 4x4 topic so it should have gone to 4x4. I have watched this for years and the 4x4 area has grown. Very few, if any, questions go unanswered over there.

Last edited by Mudder; 12-24-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Patsfan34

Listen I'm surely not trying to make waves! But in the future if I post a question and it's 4x4 related I just want lots of opinions and answers so then I can rationalize what the correct answer is for my application. There's a much smaller following for 4x4s, and it might take me a couple days to get an answer there, whereas I'll post on the regular forum and have 8 answers in 2 hours. I'm sure you guys understand where I'm going with this. Also, now my build thread is in the 4x4 section. Again, if I wanted it there I would've put it there, but members that don't have a 4x4 won't bother going there. The reason why, it gets more exposure on the regular forum and with-in 24 hours of posting 2 different members told me that I was mistaken and the trasmission I have was really a sm465. I will never make extra threads for no reason or waste anyones time so I would really appreciate not moving my threads! No hard feelings, I love it here...and MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLAS!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #8
OhOneWS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
As a side note: It gets tiresome to see off the wall trying to be cute posts on threads where someone is trying to get a serious question answered. I see this too often along with a couple of posters who obviously have no clue what the question or answer is but feel that they have to post something anyhow. We make a serious effort to help each other solve issues on our trucks here and it is not helping the person to post nonsense on one of those threads.
Sometimes those posts do help. They certainly do not hurt. If nothing else they are a TTT and that means more exposure. Personally I have skipped over threads because the title is not clear or does not interest me. Once I see there are several replies I almost always go look to see what all the interest is. There are many times when off topic replies got me involved in a thread.

As for Pats concerns, I completely understand his frustration. More Traffic = more exposure = quicker answers. I may be a newbie here but I am not new to car/boat related forums. This one is by far the most policed of any of them. It's just a truck board. Loosen up a little and Merry Christmas.

EDIT: Just saw stueber68's Merry Christmas thread was moved to GD. Come On, Really????

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 12-25-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
Shyguy

I would like to say "Merry Christmas" also.

The only part of the forum I visit is this part, well maybe the for sale part now and then.

This part of the forum to me is more like a bunch of friends getting together talking about their old trucks and comparing notes on how to work on them.

I guess if I had anything specific I would go to the other parts of the forum, so the other parts are good.

Darn! I am starting to ramble.

Danny
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #10
big_al_71

The rent is higher in this section!!!!!

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
Old 12-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
big mike71

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
The rent is higher in this section!!!!!
Big Al this mr48chev was talking about. It doesn't help at all
Old 12-25-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
fine69

Quote:
Listen I'm surely not trying to make waves! But in the future if I post a question and it's 4x4 related I just want lots of opinions and answers so then I can rationalize what the correct answer is for my application. There's a much smaller following for 4x4s, and it might take me a couple days to get an answer there, whereas I'll post on the regular forum and have 8 answers in 2 hours. I'm sure you guys understand where I'm going with this. Also, now my build thread is in the 4x4 section. Again, if I wanted it there I would've put it there, but members that don't have a 4x4 won't bother going there. The reason why, it gets more exposure on the regular forum and with-in 24 hours of posting 2 different members told me that I was mistaken and the trasmission I have was really a sm465. I will never make extra threads for no reason or waste anyones time so I would really appreciate not moving my threads! No hard feelings, I love it here...and MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLAS!!!
If you wanted it there you would have put it there? For real? Sometimes it doesn't matter what you want in this world. If you put something where someone doesn't think it should be it will be moved.

Its not personal. You can't wait a day for an answer? You need to realize that its not all about you.

Board member #6

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
Patsfan34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If you wanted it there you would have put it there? For real? Sometimes it doesn't matter what you want in this world. If you put something where someone doesn't think it should be it will be moved.

Its not personal. You can't wait a day for an answer? You need to realize that its not all about you.
I've never had much patience, I blame that on my dad! And I'm not looking for a pissing match. Initially I was upset about my threads being moved...I'm over it now hence my post about not wanting to make waves. From now on I will be damn sure to word the title of my threads carefully if that's how it's going to be. It was actually msgross who moved my build thread, and I'll never have anything to say to him because he's always been nothing but helpful and respectful everytime I've asked him anything!

I can see this thread probably taking a turn for the worse and that's not how I want to be represented! Any mod please feel free to delete this thread! Again Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Patsfan34; 12-25-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #14
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

not deleting... just locking it.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #15
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Quote:
From now on I will be damn sure to word the title of my threads carefully if that's how it's going to be.
This should be a primary consideration for Every member every time. Posts that are titled as something "too short" or "with no meaning" are frustrating to those who are surfing around looking to help. It may be fine inthe general discussion area when posting "fun" stuff, but when you are looking for an answer to a problem, be as specific as you can in one short line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
Closed Thread