The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2020, 04:36 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

And this is said treasure pile up at the farm.

Someone dumped two full, unused pallets of grey paving stones there a year or so ago.

The farm mixes all the rubble from time to time, but those with slight of hand skills can still score a few stones.....

Get my drift?

Speaking of....

I ultimately took 11 large wheelbarrow loads of paving cutoff and soil over the road to put in a trench a twin axle truck put there in winter, meaning nobody could park there safely, except for 4x4’s

@PaulY also offered to put a door on his Annexe as it was his bright idea to put the compressor outside.

Thanks mate, sure I can make it fit once I build and fit a crooked doorframe.

And the bootfair fig tree I bought three years ago, has 16 figs this year

In other news from the USA, Dennis’s new dog Archer had his first haircut, looks like a dog now.

Back to making more car space.

This was an interesting build, no plans, no levels, no straight lines and nature to contend with (I respected the plants first and built around them)

So a few curves where I avoided damaging the main roots of shrubs and trees.

Also carried on digging out all the rubble that had been deposited behind the wall by the paving contractor.

Also cleaned up every block I took down with bolster and lump hammer.

Crazy, but saving about Ł60.00 in recycling between Zoom nd Teams meetings and doing admin indoors was quite therapeutic too.

Andy, my new lodger loves working up a sweat too, and loved putting the 20 pound hammer to the wall, bringing it down bit by bit.

Really useful finding a good lodger.

So once the clearing was done, I could start to lay the blocks on the new line I had planned.

Pushing back the grey wall to where the red wall was before and joining PauY’s Annexe wall.

One of the biggest problems is actually getting the curve to look half decent.

So some recycled blocks were already halved, but the new, tighter curve meant some needed further cutting.

Always glad that I buy certain rare use tools, so much easier going into the back of the garage and digging them out.

Grinder, diamond blade, action.

Build

Walls headed in the right direction

Also made some vents for the compressor room from the same fire wood and added them in.

They will get cat proof mesh from an old freezer later.

Gained 500mm to make the space between garage door and wall 6.3 meters.

This is only for a small section as there will be a solid galvanised post about 40mm to the right of PaulY’s Annexe wall corner that will be on the drive.

Still, very pleased that so much work has resulted in so little gain

A while ago Sally and I went over to Kevin and Teresa’s in Maidstone for a fully distanced garden patio lunch, and I saw that he had thrown out for recycling, a pair of bulkhead lights.

Guess where they are now.

Used some white oak skirting boards from the fire wood pile to make recess boxes to add into the wall later.

Bitumen all sides to protect the wood.

Poor Sally was not having much company here with me using all the bits of time I could find inbetween work an various other things, so she went for long walks with her new graduate lodger, to show him the area.

Sharing a bit with me.

She wins

Long days and lonely nights.....

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote