The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Re: Randy500

Randy wasn't all bad. In fact, he was a very helpful poster on the message board. He brought services and good parts to the board that helped a lot of members. He went beyond just selling the part. I have heard all that, too. But he wasn't all good either. He messed up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
19Suburban69

I bought one of his wiper delay switches. Doesn't work and he won't return email messages. Glad it was a low buck purchase.

1969 Chevy C20 Suburban, 6.0 LS w/4L80

2001 Silverado Z71, 5.3 extended cab
19Suburban69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
Thealien

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Randy wasn't all bad. In fact, he was a very helpful poster on the message board. He brought services and good parts to the board that helped a lot of members. He went beyond just selling the part. I have heard all that, too. But he wasn't all good either. He messed up
Someone once told me a whole lot of atta boys get erased by one oh S**t!

I bought a short tilt from him. I have not installed it yet (probably a year away). I hope I have no problems but it is what it is. I am sure it will be just fine (I hope).
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #4
TBONE1964
Cluster King

I have met Randy, I have bought parts from Randy, Randy has bought parts from me. Do I trust Randy, not as far as I could throw him.

I think he feeds on the gullible folks who may have questions. I have seen his communication with others and it seemed a little different than his communication with me.

Its really funny to me what people that don't know you will tell you about someone else.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:06 PM   #5
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Unhappy Re: Randy500

Interesting, not sure how I missed this thread after so many months. But very early on my membership here I bought a tilt shorten column from him. It arrived pretty quick and was boxed very well. It would have had to fallen out of an airplane to get busted up (I do exaggerate a bit). Nothing screamed at me that it was poorly put together or packed.

After installing it a few months later, the only problem I had with it was in one direction a turn signal would not cancel. I do remember asking him what could be the problem and how to "adjust or fix it". I did not get anything helpful at all from him. He did reply to my PMs but no real help was provided. It was like "why are you bothering me?" I eventually got it working after taking the wheel off and watching what the mechanism was doing (or actually not doing) and adjusting it and was happy to move on.

Now fast forward to today, I now have a new problem: when I am braking (brake on) and I turn on the right turn signal my fuse blows that drives the Brake/Running/Dash/Dome lights. The worst part, I am not sure how long I been driving with no brake lights (I hardly drive at night).

So I try to see if Randy500 can help me at all but he is banned.... I feel a bit lost now.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM   #6
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If it wouldn't have been for his "door assembly" thread I would have never got my doors back together. I will admit though I never bought anything from him, or dealt with him on any matter.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote