The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #301
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Our 68 found me I believe.
Old 12-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #302
canuckian

Had been looking locally for quite a while for either a 72 swb k10 or a 68 swb c10. No luck whatsoever. Went on vacation in South Carolina for a couple of weeks and, strangely enough I couldn't find a suitable candidate there either. Odd because it seemed every time I checked Craigslist before our trip there were always a few trucks worth considering. On our first day back I had a peek on kijiji and low and behold there was a nice 72 SWB K10 stepside. Went down the next day (3+hrs drive), made the deal and as part of the deal, the seller offered to trailer the truck to my house. Saved me the return trip and uhaul rental so I was a happy camper!
canuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #303
Rufas

I was fortunate, but in a sad way, I inherited my 1970 GMC LWB from my Dad. He purchased it new in 1970. I'm in the final stages of getting it back on the road. It's taken me almost 20 years to get to this point. Life seems to get in the way of things.

This GMC is totally rust free that spent 23 years in California before following me to Georgia in 1993. It was my daily driver for about 5 year before going into my basement garage in 1998 when I started this project. It's only been out of the garage once and that was to go to the body shop for painting.

Here are a few photos when it got back from the body shop.

Current

And finally what it looked like when my parents had it sometime around 1974.
350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:49 AM   #304
jeffg1010

Most of this is taken from my build thread. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=522548Which now looks pretty lousy due to the photobucket deal. My build had died off and I only drove it once this summer. I nearly decided to sell it a few weeks back and Sam (who is now 13) had a meltdown. So, it's gonna stick around a while. Ive decided to get it on the road this winter. Cant wait to put some miles on it.

Here is the basics of how it became mine . . .

I bought our Blazer in 2011. In late '11, I had been getting my (then) six year old little boy pumped up about a Blazer project. Ya know, maybe your dad did it to you when you were a kid : "We are gonna build you one of those...blah, blah, blah" (come to think of it, I never got the '57 Chevy I was promised) - OK, so I took him to the Fall Auto Fair at Charlotte Motor Speedway in August 2011 and I wanted him to see a Blazer. (to build the dream!) We had a great time and even found a couple. -but none in our price range! I did run across a board member (bashed) at the Auto Fair who was showing a nice Blazer.

SO, while I was talking to Jerrett (a.k.a.- bashed), I told him I was hoping to get one for a project this Spring. AND, he said he had another 2wd he was going to sell. So I gave him my card and told him to email me some pictures. I was pretty pumped up!

OK, so WEEKS went by and I never heard from him. I didnt have his name, his number. (yep, idiot move on my part) All I had was a photo of his Blazer and he had mentioned to me that he was at the show with the East Coast Cruisers. So, I finally Googled the East Coast Cruisers website and emailed them to tell them I was looking for a member who was at the Auto Fair. The only info I had was his Ochre Yellow Blazer. After a few days, (and apparently a few email forwards) I got contact info.

I called him to follow up and sure enough, he was still looking to sell it.

So... he sent me some pics and ... I had to have it. The only trouble is, I had just started my own business. We were definitely in the red. But when I decide I want something, I will do anything to get it.

He said he wasn't in a hurry to sell it, in fact he wasnt even trying to sell it, so I didn't commit right away. BUT it stayed on my mind.

Fast forward to November 2011, I finally got a little bit of cash saved up and I offered to make a deposit on the Blazer. He agreed. So, on paper my ownership began on Tues, November 8th, 2011. Our deal was he would hold it at his place until I got my tax return and I would pay off the rest. Sounded crazy even to me at the time.

In the meantime, I spent my Christmas holiday parting out a '71 that I talked my dad into buying. I wanted to go ahead and score the top (for a donor-sliding sunroof project) and hatch (mine was shot) and the rear seat (mine is a rear seat delete and yeah... I have 3 kids) In the process, I also kept a box load of small parts because to be honest, I really had no idea what mine needed at the time. At the time, I had only seen it once and had never even driven it. haha!

SO... then we fast forward ahead again. I met up with Jerrett (bashed) again to give him a little more money so he didn't think I evaporated, but I NEEDED that tax money. After the first of the year, I started working on my taxes, and when I received the last of my documents at the end of January, I filed them as quickly as possible... HOWEVER, Uncle Sam wasn't in a hurry. My return was e-filed on 2/2/12 and my return was estimated to be in on 2/19 but at some point I guess I pulled the short straw and my return was picked for "review". I guess our investment to buy the Charlotte franchise division of our company threw up a red flag and that began a chain of tax events that had me pulling my hair out. 2/19 turned into 3/23, then for a few weeks we didn't even have an estimated date. And then finally we got a date in April. When it finally came, they didn't even direct deposit it They sent it via check,(which I think I paid for)

At this point, I should probably give a shout out to board member bashed. He was a real understanding super guy to work with, even when it came to dealing with a broke fool like myself.

So, FINALLY the ball started rolling again. (7 months after our first meeting-ha!) In fact, it moved pretty quickly. I set it up to have it shipped directly to my dads, since he is all pumped up about building Sam having a Blazer. Of course, the truck broke down so the shipping had it's own little issues.. I talked about it in another thread (if you're bored, feel free to indulge yourself) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=520173

So that's how my Blazer finally became mine.
Attached Images

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:05 PM   #305
Old_Gold

Finally finished reading this one, full of great stories! I thought I would add mine to the list, so here it goes...
About 6 years back I had a 70 C10 that needed a full restoration on almost every component, but it was a fun putting a barn find back on the road. During that time, a friend of mine told me that he has always liked those trucks, especially the GMC look. I was traveling to Rochester quite a bit,and kept passing one that I tried to talk him into buying. Timing was wrong for him, but i kept seeing that truck, until I just had to stop and check it out.
The project truck was sold, and this one came home with me!
Attached Images

Old_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:07 PM   #306
70cst

This is a very interesting read...

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:41 PM   #307
Knight72

I had bought a 74 firebird to restore, but ended up being a lot more work than I could handle with my first kid on the way, sub frame was trashed, floor pans gone. My first vehicle was an 88 c1500 and I always had a soft spot for trucks so I started hunting for a old Chevy to drive and restore. I spent some time on Google checking out 50's thru 80's and fell in love with a Kelly Green 72 short stepper on the images column. I hunted Craigslist but couldn't find a decent one in my price range. So after a couple weeks I find a 72 c10 lwb that looked solid, an hour from my parents home. Chatted with the guy and ended up buying her for $1500 with plans to shorten the frame and add a step bed, but the more I have looked at her in the garage, she just seems right with the long bed and I'm loving it more and more. It helps that she still has the original paint. Needs some loving and there isn't anything special about her, but I want to save her from the scrap pile or part outs, and restore her to daily driving. Plans are to por15 the frame, change bushings, drop in the 350 on my stand and a 700r4, change brakes, rewire, and fix my rust issues. She's big and blue and reminds me of Fez's girlfriend from the early seasons of "That 70's show" so I've dubbed her Big Rhonda.
Attached Images

Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #308
NoStopN

The next question is, what is the story with the other C/10 with the cab lights on it?
Old 01-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #309
Knight72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
The next question is, what is the story with the other C/10 with the cab lights on it?
The pics are from the original CL ad. He picked Rhonda up on trade first, but found a guy needing cash that sold him the black one in the background. It was a one owner with pretty low miles he got for a deal, so he changed hoods as Rhondas was in better shape and sold her to me to make room for his restore on the black truck. It was a really clean truck, and more valuable than Rhonda. He also had a pretty sweet 50's Chevy Wagon.
Knight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #310
NoStopN

Cool story.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #311
desert-rat

My uncle bought this truck while working for the L.A.P.D. after he retired from the USMC while serving in Veitnam. My uncle told me 6 years ago "Mike, this truck is yours." So here is the truck as it sits today waiting for some more work. Love driving it.
Attached Images

Last edited by desert-rat; 01-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
desert-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:08 AM   #312
70cst

Celina, Tn.
Truck Trader
Aug. 25, 2000
Attached Images

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #313
Old_Gold

Pretty cool that you still have the ad! several nice trucks to pick from back then, think they're still available? (Lol)
Old_Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 10:53 AM   #314
woodsey

My truck was given to me by my father when I turned 16 Now I am the second owner.
woodsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #315
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Time for a bump..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #316
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Another thread due for bump..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" 4 Things When Used are Gone Forever "

" A Word After it is Said - A Missed Opportunity - Time once Passed - Trust after its Lost "

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #317
a1vintage69

A friend on here contacted me a few weeks ago and said that a Blazer was for sell up in her area. Wanted to know if I was interested. I said I am hooking my trailer up now and going to the bank and I will see you in a few hours. Here is what I found when I arrived.
The old guy had this rig setup for camping, hunting and fishing. He kept it up at his house on Lake front property in the mountains. The doors shut with 2 fingers so I think the 63k miles is original. Gun racks , fishing pole racks, cb radio with dual whip antennas, stereo with 12x20 box speakers behind seats. GM spotlight, mud flaps, tow hitch, dog rack on top of hickey tanks, full brush grill guard , 16" wheels and a ice chest bolted to the console lid with cup holders. Just fits a six pack inside it. The drivers visor is stuffed full of maps. I am starting to like this one, I might build it. needs rust repairs. not sure yet.
I bought this 72 CST Blazer a few weeks ago and did some more investigating on the spare tire carrier and the roof rack. They are both Hickey Enterprise parts. I knew the dual gas tanks in the bed are the HE. The spot light has a GM plack on it.
Lisa is a local in Chester by Lake Almanor and knows these truck and owns several suburbans . the owner of this K5 gave her the keys to it and said sell it . She handled the whole sale and helped me load it on my trailer and then sent me the title in the mail. Thanks again Lisa for everything you have done to make this happen. I will see ya when you bring the back seat, wheels and original covers and air cleaner to me!
Attached Images

a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #318
Zone47

Smile Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Been sorta looking for one for 5 years and then noticed the prices getting pretty high, so I stepped it up and found one at a swap meet. 68 California truck and paid like 8900 or something like that for it. I was sorta looking for a 69 or 70, but think I like the 67-68 just as well.

Zone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #319
kilrcady

how long ago was that?Thats a nice truck
kilrcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #320
MQUnlimited

I wasn't even looking for another project when I asked my friend the story on the 68 CST C10 in his yard that had been parked for months. It was backyard hacked bagged, rattle can grey primer, ugly chrome 22" wheels, and in disarray. A friend of his owned it and was keeping it there as he didnt have room where he lived to store and didnt have plans to do anything with it.

I asked him if he was interested in selling it because the truck had potential to be great again and was just wasting away. With a low offer to see where he stood, but shocked when he accepted it and in turn getting the wife mad that I just bought it.

I drove it to my house where it has sat but have been buying parts to get the project started real soon. Going for a restomod using as many OEM parts I can, keeping the original 327 but freshening up, Choppin' Block suspension front and rear.
MQUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #321
Mikes68C10

Was asking folks at work if anyone knew of any old (pre-70) pickup trucks for sale. Hoping for a 55-57 Pickup... A co-worker stopped by during lunch late last April and told me a little about his 1968 C10 LWB 2-WD, 327-4bbl / Auto, with wood bed, near completely original, and been garaged for the 21 years he owned it.

Well, at the same time the performance (Drag Racing) bug was biting me, so ended up using my 2012 F150 Ecoboost (5635 lbs w/o me in it 14.26 @ 96) as my daily driver and once a month weekend drag vehicle.

Well he could provide me even an asking price. So I ended up buying a 1998 Camaro SS (13.58 @ 102 bone stock), mild tune and free mods 13.08 @ 106.5. So my immediate need was met. And I've been racing it since...

But.... The truck was still there, and I knew it, and it gnawed at me every day for the last year!

Well, since my dad first drove home in his then new 1970 GMC pickup, black with white roof, 350/Auto I've always had a soft spot for the 67-72 GM Trucks.

Not wanting it (and my dream) to slip away, I sold my Ford, and plunked down the max amount I'd pay, he accepted as it was his bottom price... fortunate for both of us!

Well, its being gone over at a local garage, next stop will be one of my garage bays, and the TLC its been longing for the last 21 years!

Pictures already posted in another thread. Just wanted to share the story. And let other know dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a lot longer than we'd like!
Mike
1968 C10 LWB Fleet-Wood, 2-WD, 327, 4-Bbl, Auto, 12-Bolt, Bone Stock. >POOF!< Sold 9/8/2018. New owner is local to Waynesboro PA and will take excellent care of her. He also owns a 69 Z28 SS Option car.
1998 Camaro SS, LS1, A4, 3.42. Free Tune - Stock 13.08 @ 106.55 >Lightening Strikes Again!< Sold 9/9/2018 she too will be well cared for as 1 of 45 produced in blue, with Auto and no T-roof.
Mikes68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote