The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
VOLKSWAGNUT

Volkswagnut

I know what you're thinking.. what hell is a VW guy doing in the GM world of Chevy trucks.
The user name is just simply my web user name most places. It is applied to a certain video out there.. . and.. it kinda has some roots with me.. so it stuck...

Let me splain the GM connection.. ....

Since a young age I always had a fondness for mechanical things. Made no difference if it was a models..um....trucks and cars, dirt bikes, Vw's, Flatheads, or my Pops Screamin Jimmy "318's". I was always tinkering and most importantly learning. By the time I started thinking (age 9) about a car for driving age it was determined that a fast car was probably not the best idea for me, so enter a clapped out 64 Vw I picked up for 100 bucks with summer job money..By the time I was near driving age.. it was almost fast enough to keep up with a typical Mustang V8.... well.. in short bursts at least.. hahaha....

Life goes on and as fate would have nothing else.. I end up as and am currently a mechanic (tech) I've been with two General Motors dealers for the past 30 years.. I am the black sheep of my Ford family... which is fine by me.
My GM/VW connection... even progressed.... or digressed .. however you want to think it... to where I mated a Corvair Corsa engine.. into a Vw Beetle chassis to create my own lil hot rod... well Volksrod called "Operation X". Its lots of fun.
I have learned its more personally enjoyable to do things mechanically the way I like and not to worry about others approval or meeting anyone elses criteria. Bottom line.. I do my own thing.

My father and I built a 51 Merc Coupe together.... his favorite saying is.. I built it to drive not decorate.. which pretty much sums me up too.
I own mostly newer GM products.. and yes still have a fondness and still own a few old Vw's. Lately have got the itch to get back into 2 cycle Detroit Diesels. I really feel this is where it all began for me.. The sound is intoxicating and the simplicity again is welcome.. especially compared to today's newer diesel nightmares.
After all.. Detroit Diesel started as General Motors Diesel...
Thats why Im here.. Picked up a 1977 HV70 with a 6V53 Detroit Diesel screamer.. found this site had a few topics with similar.. decided to jump in..

So Hello...
PS... and yes... for the record... Im the VW belt change video guy.. Whether you love it or hate it.. makes no difference to me.

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT; 10-06-2016 at 03:25 PM.
VOLKSWAGNUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
TexasLS1

Re: Volkswagnut

HAHA!! Awesome, I knew exactly which video you meant. Always loved that one btw. Nice to have a superstar in our midst, welcome!
TexasLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
VOLKSWAGNUT

Re: Volkswagnut

Superstar.. eh' .... but thanks for the props.. ... glad to be able to be here.. my GM roots run deep...

My nephew talked me into doing the VW belt video after I told him what I could do... ... he said.. it would go big on the web.....
He was right...

Its kinda neat when someone sends you your own stuff in a video.. cause they never knew it was you....

Its bad.. when people rip it off, copy it and claims it their own..

That's a bad part about the internet.. nothing can be secure, personal and sacred..

That aside.. Im here for the General and the Bowtie boys..

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT; 10-09-2016 at 10:09 PM.
VOLKSWAGNUT is offline   Reply With Quote