The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #1
kipps

Are all weatherpack connectors the same?

I've got two weatherpack connections to make on this truck. One is the reverse switch on the 1997 nv4500, and the other is the 4wd switch on the 1991 np241c.

They both look similar, but RockAuto is showing different part numbers for the pigtails. I'd rather not pay RockAuto's inflated prices, and just buy the individual bits on Mouser, since I'll be directly pinning them into the harness anyway.

Do I just grab any random two-pin male weatherpack connector, or do I need to do some more research?

Sorry about the scratchy pics. They're both from an older flip phone, and the reverse switch(first pic) was a lucky shot between the trans and the floorboard.
Attached Images

1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
Greasey Harley

Re: Are all weatherpack connectors the same?

Yes, that appears to be a standard 2 pin, Delphi, weather pack connection.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:17 PM   #3
ray_mcavoy

Re: Are all weatherpack connectors the same?

One thing that might be slightly different (non-standard) is the way the connector is keyed. As you may already know, many of the Weatherpack connectors have plastic index tangs & corresponding notches in the round barrel portion of the connector surrounding the terminals.

For example, compare the index notches in the #12015792 (black) housing vs. the #12015378 (grey) housing and see if one or the other matches up with any index tangs that might be present in the switch sockets. And if neither one matches, I suppose you could carefully cut a notch in the housing prior to installing the terminals.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote