The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2003, 10:28 PM   #1
1971gmcshortbed

my $200 brake lines dont fit right...

hi guys i purchased a set of stainless brake lines from inline tube. they say that they fit perfectly, though i'm having trouble at the proportioning valve, they seem to point forward and down to where they should point. i called them they say i may have to tweak them to fit. thats fine but this is at least 3 - 4 inches off, has anyone done this before. it has power front discs.

thanks.
1971gmcshortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:14 PM   #2
cdowns

when i got mine they fit really good
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
cableguy0

just bend them so they line up be careful not to kink the line roll them over a nice round surface holding both ends tight so the line doesnt kink
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #4
my new 72
faster, faster, faster

When I got my lines from inline, the lines from the MC to the prop valve did not fit. No amount of bending would have made them fit either, they were too long between the bends, and if I bend them in one spot they would have been too long in another. Call em back and tell them no way and tell them you want to exchange them for the propper ones. Don't take no for an answer either.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:32 AM   #5
bstack

brake lines

I'm going thru this right now. Waiting on my second set from classic tube. Ordered a set for a 4x4 shortbed and nothing in
the front lined up. The propotioning valve sets different from a 2 wheel drive then does the 4x4. Hope this one works. Its on a 87 chev. k-10
87 Chev. 1/2 Ton 4x4 Swb
bstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:10 AM   #6
GMCPaul

Thats a rather common problem with In-Line tube it seems, as we have heard from many customers that have bought from them having the same problem, we get ours from Fine-Lines out of Ohio, have yet to get or hear of anyone receiving incorrect length or incorrectly bent lines from them.
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:23 PM   #7
tommie
97' Tahoe 2dr/2wd

i got mine from inline tube,

70' swb with disc brake conversion.

the only place i had problems was with the proportioning valve lines.

the 2 from the master cylinder criss crossed, and the proportioning valve layed flat and was turned around 180 deg.
and bolted to the bracket that i got from them,

the other 2 lines were not close, i had to make another "loop" in the line that goes to the rear, and the one that goes to the front, had to be bent up some to fit also.

the ones for the rear end, along the frame, and for the front crossmember fit fine though............
tommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:51 PM   #8
1971gmcshortbed

ok, i have to bend the 2 lines from the prop. valve to frt/rear lines. it's about 3 - 4 inches though. it will work. i just cant see how they talk about their super duper CNC bending machines and tell you how professional their stuff is and when i called them they say "you may have to tweak them a little"... ???? c'mon i spent almost $300 with all the lines and also stainless braided stuff.... oh well..
1971gmcshortbed is offline   Reply With Quote