The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Likeaboss302

My '71 Cheyenne Longbed

Hey guys, I'm relatively new here but after seeing the amazing things you guys do with your trucks I was ready to start working on mine! A little background before I start the pictures and stuff; I inherited this truck from my dad, who got it from his dad. It runs super smooth, only 83k on it, and is a few months hard work from being like new. The passenger cab corner has about a 1.5" rust hole in it and there's surface rust in various places along the body and the bed. I am a high school junior, my AP classes take up ridiculous amounts of time but I still have a few free hours a week. I've been reading alot of articles about the famous "$50 roll-on paint job" and it seemed to beckon me. I borrowed my friend's palm sander, got some supplies, and got to work. I got the bottom half of the hood sanded and primed in about 3 hours, pretty fast compared to what I thought it was gonna take!

The build album: http://imgur.com/a/cVQSU

I'll try to update this as much as I can, stay tuned!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Likeaboss302; 10-25-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Likeaboss302 is offline   Reply With Quote