The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Our Stuff... In Scale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
jeffro2

RC 72 K20 Videos

Part 1, Headed to the creek

Part 2, Back from the creek

Hope you all enjoy, tried to pick music that's not wild or to mellow.

Last edited by jeffro2; 07-28-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add a line
jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: RC 72 K20 Videos

Once again Jeffro you nailed it out of the ballpark. I just can’t believe the realism in your RC builds right down to the frame flex and chassis shake as it digs its way through the sand. Awesome work…..and driving too!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
justcuz

X2! Looks good! Larry summed it all up I just want to add that the bluesy music on the second video is cool too.
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Z16

Very cool vids. Real looking truck with some real looking driving. Just had a look at some of your other trucks, too. Very cool collection.

Just wondered, what axles and driveshafts are you using? I have a SCX10 with about the same size tire. I keep breaking driveshafts. I've tried a couple different manufacturers shafts, but I just can't seem to find one strong enough. Other then that I can't break this truck, lol. It's certainly the toughest of my collection
98 GMC Sierra Ex Cab, cowl hood, Euro LED lights, 30 bar billet, Whipple Supercharged 350 Vortec: Forged flattops, E-Tec aluminum heads, Comp Cam, Scat crank and rods, Granatelli Mass air flow, Headers, Flowmaster exhaust , Complete MSD Ignition, Custom Tuning, intake spacer , ported throttle body, AC Delco port injection upgrade, Roller Rockers, Power Pulleys. Gear Vendors Overdrive. Soon to hit a dyno. 2/4 drop(for now).

95 Chevy S-10 Ex Cab 4.3 5 Speed 2/3 drop, Euro lights, billet grill, More to come. The Daily Driver
Z16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
jeffro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z16 View Post
Very cool vids. Real looking truck with some real looking driving. Just had a look at some of your other trucks, too. Very cool collection.

Just wondered, what axles and driveshafts are you using? I have a SCX10 with about the same size tire. I keep breaking driveshafts. I've tried a couple different manufacturers shafts, but I just can't seem to find one strong enough. Other then that I can't break this truck, lol. It's certainly the toughest of my collection
Thank you Z16 !!

RC4WD website carries stainless steel drive shafts, they are pretty indestructible I believe.

Look through this page, it gives lengths and sometimes it will tell you what drive shaft fits what truck in the small description

http://store.rc4wd.com/Punisher-Shaft_c_27.html

I generally use Tamiya TLT-1 axles or Tamiya Highlift axles, but if I have extra money, I like RC4WD's axles, like the K-44's

http://store.rc4wd.com/K44-Ultimate-...le-_p_477.html
Old 11-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
jeffro2

I needed to get out of the garage for awhile, so I grabbed the truck and headed to a sandy area along the creek, and made a video.