The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2024, 04:06 PM   #176
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

With the warmer weather I’m getting back at this. I’m using the original steering wheel on an ‘80’s column. When I tighten the nut, the steering wheel gets tight and hard to turn. I trimmed it to fit. The pass-through spring contact is at the 12 o’clock position on the ’47 steering wheel, so I installed the cancel cam in that position. The ‘80’s steering wheel has the spring contact at the 10:30 position. So now the left turn cancel cam is shifted. My plan is to build up a new cam in the correct location so it will work here. I’m getting continuity when I press the horn button. I have the ‘47 light switch connected and working. The brake and clutch switch mounts have the switch operating opposite of the ‘80’s such that when the pedal is at rest, the switch is depressed, and when the pedal is stepped on, the switch is released. I found some four pin switches that work where 2 pins are normally open and two are normally closed. The brake switch uses the normally closed contacts for the lights, and the normally open contacts for the 4x4 circuit(or could be used for the automatic transmission application). The clutch switch uses the normally closed contacts for the start circuit. Turn signals work. I’ve removed the cluster connector, and am in the process of extending the wires for gauges and dummy lights. I did wire up the volts light and resistor temporarily. I dismantled the donor gauges. The plan is to use the dummy lenses mounted in a box below the dash. I test fit the A/C unit, and then decided to fit the heater controls and dummy lights between the dash and A/C, test fit picture attached. I’m not thrilled with the A/C brackets. I’ll make one hanger.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote