The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
spenceman72

My New 72 K5

After 15 years of threatening my wife that I'm going to buy a classic car or truck, I finally took the plunge. I bought this 72 K5 4x4 last week, and can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new purchase (well, maybe my Big Green Egg). I have almost zero mechanical ability, but thanks to this forum I've already changed out the alternator and voltage regulator (still having issues), and the oil..God love the internet! I want to change out the wheels/tires for a more 'stock' look..some Ralley wheels I think (thanks to pictures on this forum), there is no AC and this is a requirement in Texas, although I've just made sure I've got a sweat rag and cold bottle of water when I've taken her out for a spin (compressor is broken, or missing), radio is missing (don't really miss this), it has Glass Packs(?) on it that I have to get rid of ASAP, and I don't care for the pipes coming out past the back bumper. Mechanically I
believe it is in decent shape (save for my starting issues), but I'm going to turn her over to my father in law (life long mechanic) to give me the real deal.
My kids love it..my wife, other than a little p-o'd over the oil spots in the driveway, is excited for me, and I've gotten many 'thumbs up' signs from other guys (especially the younger guys who I think love that it sounds like a drag car). My 'regular' vehicle is a '09 Avalanche, and although I really like it, I've never felt as 'cool' driving it as I do driving this Blazer!
Anyways, I'm thankful for this forum and what I've seen as a tight community that is very eager to help each other out...I'll be needing lots of help!
Attached Images

spenceman72 is offline   Reply With Quote