The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 AM   #1
gearheads78

99 Suburban 2500 minor project

After finding out about some significant unexpected medical expenses my wife and I decided the quickest way without going deeper in debt is I will sell my 88 R30 crew.

In the mean time I needed something cheap that could still haul my family and a loaded trailer. I have several possibilities in mind and after a few months kicking tires I settled for a 454 4l80e 4.10 99 burb. Will be a semi-daily driver / weekend hauler.

Its got 150K miles and a little rough around the edges but over all a good solid truck.

So far I am pleasantly surprised. Got it up in a rack and checked out everything and someone replaced ball joints and brakes are still good. No major leaks.

Started buy changing all the fluids to get a baseline for future maintenance. The 2nd day I drove to work the fuel pump took a crap so that was the first major purchase. The the tow, pump, truck, all fluids, and registration I am right at $3000.00 total so far.

Going fix it up a little at a time. First thing it needs is lights. I can't see in the dark at all. Those are ordered and hopefully in tomorrow.

Next will be mirrors because ever without a trailer they suck.
Attached Images

gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote