The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
68burbanontherocks

540 BBC 68 Burb Dually 54" Boggers on Rocks

OK so my project has come along way but still has a looong way to go so bare with me and i hope to get plenty of helpful tips!

It started out as a dually burban that i had purchased from an individual in California for 2500 bucks. It seemed like it was too good to be true cause it had a mark IV 454, TH 400, decent trim, dually conversion, and it was the exact body style that i have been looking for for many years now. The problem didn't occur until i tried to register it at the local DMV and it needed a VIN verification however the title had an "error" and one of the numbers was a 6 on the title and was an 8 on the vehicle.

Long story short the person i had purchased the vehicle from had given up trying to register it and the Burb had not been registered since 2003 and the previous owners had both passed away so i was kinda stuck with it. Had to get a paper etching make a lot of phone calls and 6 months later i got my local DMV to press delete once and fix the misprint ha!

Once i had gotten the suburban my initial thought was to make a pro-street style ride so i had a 502 big block Chevy that i for another project that i decided to throw into the Burb and cruse around in that for a little while.

I really liked it but then decided i wanted to make a monster truck, like all little kids i have always been obsessed with monster trucks so i figured now that i could afford to make one id do it. So heres a few pics of its transformation so far.

Its no where near done, Loosing the purple paint, I'm building a tube frame chassis for it (high tech microsoft paint pic!), single triangulated 4 link coil over set up (yes i ditched the gawdy leaf springs), pro fab drop box and am even considering going rear steer with it.

Hope to get lots of tips and criticism on it as the project goes along!
Attached Images

68burbanontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote