The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
kanuck

Three into one, (or two?)

I started out dragging home an 1980 step that was cheap, ($350), but had potential, thinking I might make a semi streetable race truck out of it. Came with papers, new inner and outer front fenders, ralleys and a half decent step box. Original 6 is gone, but the 4spd is still in it. The cab is quite rusty and I did miss noticing that the frame had a little rust in one spot on the lower edge where the cross member behind the front spring hanger collects dirt if not cleaned regularly.

Truck #1

While keeping my eye open for parts for the project, I spotted another truck forsale. This was someones failed project but it been taken to the frame and cleaned, lowering shackles and shocks in the back, dropped spindles in the front, a totally stripped but rust free 81-87 cab, 73-80 rust free fenders, wide box that is rust free inside but has bad sides and a good gate. Also a supposedly fresh turbo 350 but no motor. There were no papers for the truck so it was sold as parts....$900.

Truck #2

While keeping my eye out for parts again I spotted another failed project, this one being an 1983 short, wide. Again the motor was gone but the truck had a clean frame, the interior was mostly there, new inner and outer 81-87 fenders, decent cab with a little rust, good box floor but rusty sides, current papers and was $400. I did add a couple of bucks and took the supposedly rebuilt T350 for $50 and a new, still in box, large aluminum radiator for $150.

Truck #3

Figured since I have been collecting for the project I should start a page for it.
'70 LWB 350 on propane...beater
'69 LWB 350/T400 body restored

Last edited by kanuck; 10-14-2009 at 08:55 PM.
kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote