The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #76
Got Sand

Re: Painting My Rusted 72 Blazer......Lots of Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
Sweet pics. Good way to break her in. Lol. Make sure you wash the stink and undercarriage good to get that sand out before it finds a home. Looks good out there. Next time hopefully warmer and since you're at the beach go topless. Haha.
Oh yeah, I always give it a good under carriage wash after any beach drive, and within an hour after the pics with the dead jellyfish were taken I was at the self-serve car wash in Astoria........................spent about $12 in quarters washing that nastiness off, and I wasn't the only one, the washbay and grate were covered with them and by the time I left there were 2 more trucks lined up behind me to do the same thing
A couple days later I got underneath it with some citrus cleaner and scrub brushes for a good scrubbing to get the rest off along with the smell.

Top prolly won't come off until June or July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
I just went on Google Earth to see where the Columbia river meets the ocean, and I couldn't see your Blazer. WTF !!

LOL must of been on a day that I wasn't there.
That area is one of my favorite places to hang out, drive out on to the river beach and go around the corner and your on the Ocean Beach, all while watching ships and fishing boats.................I never get tired of that
Got Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:32 PM   #77
1mrtimk

Check out the 1971 blazer on craigslist st louis. $30,000 seems a little high, not. much information but some good pics. I think I saw this one at a car show in Washington Missouri a couple of years ago but the owner was not around to get any information.
1mrtimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:16 PM   #78
Got Sand

Time for some updates

After the shack down drive to the beach it was time to finish up (mostly) on the interior.
I already had put in the rear carpet with the refurbished rear seat, I had carpet before and was thinking about going with a rubber mat because of the leakage that we all knows happen, but wife pointed out to me that will dry out were a rubber mat will just hold the moisture...............she's purdy smart sometimes I chose a marine grade carpet as it was way cheaper then a molded one and is mildew resistant (no pics now, but I'll get some).

Out come the seats and old carpet, the floor had a little surface rust but wasn't to bad.

A little POR15 applied before the sound damping insulation was put down.
See the gray area on the drivers side? That was some POR15 that I had put down about 15 years ago, it was dirty but no rust after being under a carpet that got wet off and on though the years. Yeah, I'm a believer in that stuff.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #79
Got Sand

OK, first off, sorry for not updating this thread, just been enjoying the Blazer in between catching up on everything I've been putting off for the last year.

Second, I need to proof read my posts a bit better and I can't seem to find an edit option.

So the interior is about as done as it's going to get for now, front seats will just have seat covers and I still have a bit more detailing that I want to do, but besides the roll bar padding and tape that will happen as soon as the top comes back off, I'm just plan on driving it for the rest of the summer.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:30 AM   #80
Chulisohombre

That looks awesome. Good job.
Posted via Mobile Device
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:33 AM   #81
Red1968

Did you use marine carpet for the front and rear or just the rear? It looks really nice and I want a carpet that is good for getting wet because once my top comes off in the spring it does not go back on until winter.
Red1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:45 AM   #82
Got Sand

Quote:
That looks awesome. Good job.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1968 View Post
Did you use marine carpet for the front and rear or just the rear? It looks really nice and I want a carpet that is good for getting wet because once my top comes off in the spring it does not go back on until winter.
I put down a regular loop carpet kit for the front, but was to to cheap to pay for a carpet kit for the back, so in my quest looking for options I found the marine grade carpet at an auto upholstery shop for $45. A marine accessory shop wanted over 4 times the price for the same amount of carpet.

You may notice on the pics that I left the sill plates off, yeah it would look better with them, but this way I can fold the carpet back to keep the water off the carpet or to dry it out if/when it gets wet.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #83
RANDY COX

Nice Blaze I sure do miss mine it was a 72 with 307 spd, same color I believe red/orange. I see it has 2 spots for whip antennas. Mine was rotted waaaaaaaaay more than yours the rocker boxes were gone which left no support when top was off the doors sagged. But all in all I liked it and drove her she was a good running machine...
Old 10-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #84
Got Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY COX View Post
Nice Blaze I sure do miss mine it was a 72 with 307 spd, same color I believe red/orange. I see it has 2 spots for whip antennas.
Thanks, yeah I decided to keep the antenna mounts as I still have the Blazer set up for a CB and for a flag in the dunes.

Still not done............will it ever be? I've just been driving it and enjoying it.

Here are a few pics from the summer.

Back at work on at the entrance to the Peter Iredale on the North Oregon Coast. Doing what she does best

Just a couple of glamour shots

Old 10-17-2016, 06:51 AM   #85
Chulisohombre

That orange efi it'sot sets off the background blue sky and water. Great pics.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #86
52napco

Beautiful Blazer !!! I would put a 205 back in it. They should be plentiful in your are.
52napco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:58 AM   #87
Ken B

She is a beauty for sure!
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:41 PM   #88
Got Sand

Quote:
That orange efi it'sot sets off the background blue sky and water. Great pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken B View Post
She is a beauty for sure!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52napco View Post
Beautiful Blazer !!! I would put a 205 back in it. They should be plentiful in your are.

Yeah, I wanted too when the last 203 broke, but I got a scream'n deal on the one that is in it now (a freash rebuild from a friend). I definitely will go with a 205...............if and when the 205 breaks.