The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

P2761 Trans Code

I was riding down to a local cruise night, and popped a cell, locking me out of 4th. Finished my drive ~15min to the show, and scanned for the code. It popped P2761
Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve Circuit

Cleared the code and hung out a while, then drove home ~30min normally. Mix of 35-45 local roads and ~50-65 highway. No issues driving, no code popped.

Trans is a ~98? 4l80e that I had rebuilt about 6 years ago when I started building the truck. The converter is a mystery, as miscommunication with the shop and lost paperwork meant not much to work with. Its a ~3k stall with lockup, and its purple.

*a little extra backstory. The converter had like maaaybe 200 miles on it when I took the truck for a tune. The tuner (which I didn't really know at the time) had done a few pulls unlocked, and then in an effort to get a slightly better #, locked it up fully in 3rd. Truck drove fine more or less when I got it back, and we went on a longer road trip. The truck occasionally felt like it would bounce in and out of lockup. When my partner took over the tuning, he sorted some of the issues on the trans table and made changes to the lockup so it wouldn't have that issue. I ran it like that for the last 5years.*

SO, whats the troubleshooting process here? *cough* Cline where are you *cough* I don't have any leaks, but I'll check the fluid level and condition to start. I'll take a look a the harness on the side and make sure the plugs are seated and not fluid coated. What else? I assume the thing is internal to the trans, so do I need to drop the pan?

I don't want to do damage to the trans itself if there is something serious going on. I don't really care of the converter is smoked, as long as I can DX this and get a new better one on the way ASAP>

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote