The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #176
flips72

Re: my 65 fleetside build

looks like i will be replacing asmall part of the floor, the lower section of the door pillar and the lower section of the kick panel. i was expecting to change the rocker and lower kick panel so i have those parts all ready but i will have to order some more parts. i did get the rocker fitted it looks pretty good, just have to wait till i get the rest of the re-pairs done first probably can expect the same on the driver side.
Attached Images

flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:47 PM   #177
allaboutchevelles

Looks like you have been real busy. The front end seems to line up real nice. Those fenders look good. Did you buy new inner fenders or just repaint them. If they are new, how good did they fit?? I have the same problem with my doors. It seems that they kinda roll inward around the edges so they dont meet up flush next to the fenders. I cant wait to get my cab back on the frame and start mocking everything up. Are you going to tear down your frame and paint or power coat all the frame and suspension? Great job on the truck and loving all the pics. Keep up the good work!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 12:32 AM   #178
allaboutchevelles

Forgot to ask you if you fit the doors on with the new rocker in place?? I had to adjust my rocker some because it was hitting the bottom of the door.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #179
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutchevelles View Post
Looks like you have been real busy. The front end seems to line up real nice. Those fenders look good. Did you buy new inner fenders or just repaint them. If they are new, how good did they fit?? I have the same problem with my doors. It seems that they kinda roll inward around the edges so they dont meet up flush next to the fenders. I cant wait to get my cab back on the frame and start mocking everything up. Are you going to tear down your frame and paint or power coat all the frame and suspension? Great job on the truck and loving all the pics. Keep up the good work!!!!
yeah its been a busy, the inner fenders are aftermarket and they dont fit very well, i am thinking about re-pairing my originals and using them, thats what i should have done to start with they were not that bad.as far as the doors go i dont think they should be that hard to fix, dolly and a hammer should get most of it. the frame will get re-done but i will probably do it with the black epoxy i did my rad. support with, i did a 72 4x4 with it and it looked great. i have disc brakes for the rear and 4 inch drop spings and i ordered a set of 2.5 drop spindles for the front, i allready cut half a coil off my springs so i hope it sets good. thanks for the compliments, now i need you to come down and patch my floor for me since you did such a great job on yours.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:43 AM   #180
collins10672

your cab rust looks very minor to most of these trucks i have seen and owned over the years.your truck is definitely one of the better ones.nice build
collins10672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #181
flips72

Quote:
Forgot to ask you if you fit the doors on with the new rocker in place?? I had to adjust my rocker some because it was hitting the bottom of the door.
i havent fitted them with the doors on but will definetly do that before the are welded in. my brother had the same problem on his 67.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #182
flips72

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
your cab rust looks very minor to most of these trucks i have seen and owned over the years.your truck is definitely one of the better ones.nice build
thanks collins, all in all cab is not to bad, came home today and decided to see what was under the driver side rocker panel and its about the same as the pass. side. but i was extremely happy when i checked my cab corners they are solid heres some pics
Old 12-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #183
flips72

oops hit the wrong button
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #184
flips72

cab corners
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 AM   #185
allaboutchevelles

Making good progress!! Ill come do your rockers if you block out my roof for me, LOL. Glad to see your cab corners are solid, that will save you some work. I found a few more spots near the front of my roof im going to rework so im still not ready for primmer just yet. keep the pics coming!! Doing a great job!!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #186
flips72

Quote:
Making good progress!! Ill come do your rockers if you block out my roof for me, LOL. Glad to see your cab corners are solid, that will save you some work. I found a few more spots near the front of my roof im going to rework so im still not ready for primmer just yet. keep the pics coming!! Doing a great job!!
sounds like a deal to me, see ya saturday
Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #187
McMurphy

Looking good there Flips!
I have to change out rocker panels, some floor pan, and both cab corners for sure on both sides. I am waiting for an order from HF that has my spot weld tool so I can get mine off like you did yours...

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #188
structures

Looks good flips. Just played a little catch up tonight on your progress. Looking forward to the cab work.

1965 Chevy C10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=374373

1997 Chevy K2500 6.5 diesel
structures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #189
flips72

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Looking good there Flips!
I have to change out rocker panels, some floor pan, and both cab corners for sure on both sides. I am waiting for an order from HF that has my spot weld tool so I can get mine off like you did yours...
thanks McMurphy, i got my cutter from a guy i work with, he bought it off the mac truck. works pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by structures View Post
Looks good flips. Just played a little catch up tonight on your progress. Looking forward to the cab work.
thanks structures, cut the bad out of the pass.side last night and re-paired the floor today, hopefully install kick panel, a pillar and install rocker panel tommorrow, will post some pics tommorrow. got a hot date with a beautiful woman tonight
Old 12-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #190
allaboutchevelles

Your moving right along on your truck. You will be done by this spring I bet if you keep this pace up. I been taking a break from mine and catching up on things around the house.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #191
198plus

Nice job !!!!!
198plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #192
flips72

Quote:
Your moving right along on your truck. You will be done by this spring I bet if you keep this pace up. I been taking a break from mine and catching up on things around the house.
boy, that would be nice, to be done by spring that is. i had to do the same thing this fall its easy to let things get behind if you have a one track mind like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 198plus View Post
Nice job !!!!!
thanks ronnie. i absolutely love the black on yours, super nice.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #193
flips72

floor is re-paired, a pillar installed along with kick panel and rocker panel is allmost done just like cleaning up my welds and seam sealing it. here is a few pics.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #194
flips72

a few more
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #195
flips72

then came the rocker panel. first i tacked it in a couple places, then re-installed the door and fender, no rubs, tada
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #196
allaboutchevelles

WoW, What alot of work in one day. That hot date must have gave you a huge boost!! . Work looks really good. So your half done with the cab already. You will have it ready for paint soon. I got my dura blocks kit today so maybe I can finish my roof this week. keep pics coming!!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 AM   #197
McMurphy

Did you have any trouble with your bolt holes lining up or did you run bolts thru them when you were welding them in?

You are about 3-4 months ahead of me on your build. I have to order all those floor patch, rockers and cab corner parts still.

Good progress, you work much faster than I do!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #198
flips72

Quote:
WoW, What alot of work in one day. That hot date must have gave you a huge boost!! . Work looks really good. So your half done with the cab already. You will have it ready for paint soon. I got my dura blocks kit today so maybe I can finish my roof this week. keep pics coming!!
lol on the hot date, thanks for the compliments and i think you will really like the durablocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Did you have any trouble with your bolt holes lining up or did you run bolts thru them when you were welding them in?

You are about 3-4 months ahead of me on your build. I have to order all those floor patch, rockers and cab corner parts still.

Good progress, you work much faster than I do!
yes i had to weld up the factory holes in the replacement parts and re-drill them, but it all came together. thanks to all about chevelles i oredered my driver side from lmc and it was the one that went from front to rear and was a whole lot better looking piece.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #199
flips72

took a vacation day and cut out driver side floor rot and a pillar and kick panel, i got the floor almost patched, parts didnt get here till 4 didnt leave much time to work on it. i will post some pics tommorrow its been a long weekend.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #200
allaboutchevelles

flips, your welcome and glad that panel was what you were looking for. I havent had time to try those blocks yet, but soon I hope.