The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
gotchamel

Lmc?

What is the general overall quality of LMC's parts?Is there other sources for new repo parts?Thanks.
gotchamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
67chevy1series

Re: Lmc?

i always go through www.truckandcarshop.com but i live in calif, and they are in calif so maybe not good for you
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
Fldawg

I've used brothers, lmc, classic chevy truck parts, some things are better than others, but brothers carries more things made in usa, if you want things quick lmc will be faster, but all and all they carry about the same stuff. the only place i had to send stuff back multiple times was orange county truck shop i think they get the bottom of the barrel stuff. hope this has helped
Fldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
madchopper

I have ordered some stuff from them and most of it is always made in china, but nothing I have ordered has been complete junk. They dont ever seem to have the items for 4WD but it is a good resources for the pictures and picture details of all the parts they have.
madchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

LMC is higher on most parts from what I've seen and customer service is questionable. You ought to try some of our board vendors, they are some of the reason this board is what it is. You can find their adds in Vendor section. Try Bill at Athey's or Wes at Classic Heartbeat
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
dan42

LMC is a pretty good resource for parts. It's very diificult to find NOS anymore, and repo stuff just isn't made in the States. It"s infortunate, but our trucks are getting more and more foreign parts on them. However, the parts were designed here in the U.S. so it really shouldn't bother us too much.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #7
Sir Fisher

wow, look at these floridians... lmc is alright, just make sure you check your parts when they arrive; i ordered a left and right tail gate link assembly a while back, but i set it aside and didn't open it until recently; the 2 sides had a different finish on them and when i called to see if i could get 1 exchanged to make them match, they told me i had waited too long and they can't do anything for me. my question was, how you gonna send someone 2 different color parts?? 1 is brass color and the other is silver... otherwise i haven't had any other problems. i ordered another set through brothers to fix my problem.
2003 Honda Accord EX
2001 Hewes Redfisher 16 Fighting Lady Yellow

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=324118
Sir Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
71gmcburb

I use brothers and the local rod shop

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
vectorit
What?

I have no complaints.

Though I tend to gravitate to their catalog first, since they seem to have more 67/68 Suburban parts in stock than most.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 AM   #10
ItsRandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchamel View Post
What is the general overall quality of LMC's parts?Is there other sources for new repo parts?Thanks.
I ordered a set of hood hinges thru LMC, they were junk. Bolted the hinges on, closed the hood and bent one of them.
ItsRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #11
1low

I use brothers
1low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:35 AM   #12
bigsnookmaster

IMO Junk! I will not buy from them. I like nos, or GM original. Some of the board vendors have some quality parts for sale.
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
Lee H

As our trucks get older and more of us rebilud/restore the after market will increase production of parts. The only way to keep the quality up is to complain and return subpar parts. They will get it eventually or go out of business. Businesses can and do expect returns but can not afford to offer junk for very long.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #14
Spoof

I find LMC pretty much the same as any other supplier when it comes to quality, for instance Counterparts seem to be the manufacturer of choice.
I DO NOT like LMC for the huge quantity of styrofoam peanuts they include in every order and have stopped ordering from them. I'll take newspaper or bubble wrap but I'm not dealing with styrofoam on top of the environmental considerations, it's a pita.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #15
dan42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
As our trucks get older and more of us rebilud/restore the after market will increase production of parts. The only way to keep the quality up is to complain and return subpar parts. They will get it eventually or go out of business. Businesses can and do expect returns but can not afford to offer junk for very long.
X2 - When something is bad, make sure you send it back and make them eat it. It's the only way they will respond.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Sinister
Between Trucks...

I only order from LMC as a last resort, like for an under bed spare tire carrier they have that no one else seems to stock.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Mike J
vw guy & now c-10 guy

Well I just ordered a new in-cab gas tank from them that fit like crap- bolt holes weren't anywhere close- but I needed to order a bunch of stuff at the time and they were the only ones that had all of it in stock. Very poor repop on the fuel tank though if you ask me
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
mrein3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
I find LMC pretty much the same as any other supplier when it comes to quality, for instance Counterparts seem to be the manufacturer of choice.
I DO NOT like LMC for the huge quantity of styrofoam peanuts they include in every order and have stopped ordering from them. I'll take newspaper or bubble wrap but I'm not dealing with styrofoam on top of the environmental considerations, it's a pita.
I'm not defending LMC but did you check those "styrofoam" peanuts?
Last load I got were actually those corn based disolving peanuts. Put one in water and see what happens. The corn ones I usually just toss in a spot in the yard where the neighbors can't see. They disappear with the next rain fall.

All that being said I find LMC no better or worse than any of the other suppliers. I try to stick with the vendors here when possible but when I do order from LMC I have NEVER had any issues like other rail on them over.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
lil hoodlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldawg View Post
I've used brothers, lmc, classic chevy truck parts, some things are better than others, but brothers carries more things made in usa, if you want things quick lmc will be faster, but all and all they carry about the same stuff. the only place i had to send stuff back multiple times was orange county truck shop i think they get the bottom of the barrel stuff. hope this has helped
I requested a 1960-1972 catalog from Orange County truck shop. What I recieved instead was a 1947-1959 catalog. I took that as a bad sign!
That's too bad as I was looking forward to perusing their catalog.

Like Fldawg, I have pretty much used everyone at some point or another. However I usually use LMC. They seem to really want my business as they send me new catalogs all the time.

I have had a few questionable quality control issues on some parts, (i.e. fuel tank as well.) But overall I have been pretty happy doing business with them and will most likely continue purchasing some products from them.

Keith

Last edited by lil hoodlum; 02-21-2011 at 07:50 PM.
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
71gmcburb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil hoodlum View Post
I requested a 1960-1972 catalog from Orange County truck shop. What I recieved instead was a 1947-1959 catalog. I took that as a bad sign!
That's too bad as I was looking forward to perusing their catalog.

Like Fldawg, I have pretty much used everyone at some point or another. However I usually use LMC. They seem to really want my business as they send me new catalogs all the time.

I have had a few questionable quality control issues on some parts, (i.e. fuel tank as well.) But overall I have been pretty happy doing business with them and will most likely continue purchasing some products from them.

Keith
they must be shipping you my catalog. I ordered one 6 mths ago and never got it took that as a sign that they don't want my business. but I have seen the parts they supply and I wasn't impressed. So I use Brothers, its more money but their parts are alot better quality so I don't mind

you get what you pay for with LMC

1 - Don't sweat the small stuff

2 - Everything is small stuff

Last edited by 71gmcburb; 02-21-2011 at 09:10 PM.
71gmcburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
man-a-fre

Be very careful on who you select for your windshield rubber seal or just have a local shop put it in for you,cause there are alot of seals that don't fit.
man-a-fre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
gotchamel

Thanks for all the input.
gotchamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #23
ryans69chevy

I haven't had any issues on ordering from LMC. The first time I ordered a catelog, it did take along time until I received it in the mail. But ever since I've been receiving catelogs left and right. Just like other people say the catelogs are good resource pages for putting things back together and taking them apart (to a certain extent). The shipping is very quick, and all the parts I've ordered have been very good quality. After shopping around a little bit more, I have noticed that LMC is priced a little bit higher than most like Classic Industries.

I don't wanna take away from the OP, but has anyone delt with Classic Industries? I'm thinking about ordering some parts for a 49 chevy pretty soon...
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #24
waybad

I ordered a door hinge from them, from china, and was worse than what my truck had on it!
WITH that being said,, they COMPLETELY refunded my money with shipping!! so I really have no problem with them!
waybad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
TobyArnot
Quit if it's not FUN!!!

As others have posted elsewhere, Car and Truck Shop in Orange, Ca. has a habit of removing hardware from closed boxes and selling it separately. No wonder their prices are low. Service call is a waste of time. you'll get some babe who doesn't know a door from a shoe!! Sorry, Brothers is pretty good, but not fast. Shipping sometimes takes a week just to leave there. Ok if you're not in a hurry. SURE WISH THERE WAS A FULL LINE STOCKING DEALER somewhere on the rlght coast. Maybe National Parts depot will start stocking Chevy Parts??? Top Banana has some stuff.
TobyArnot is offline   Reply With Quote