The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2019, 09:42 PM   #1
cknfrmr

Kernersville,NC help needed for wiring help/suggestions.

I have a 69 short bed that I need suggestions if anyone in the area of Kernersville, NC knows of a place that could possibly finish the wiring on? I bought a American wiring harness for it and a family swore we could do it in a weekend at their place in Charlotte, NC. Well we couldn't. I have no electrical knowledge. That was 2 years ago. Have tried to find a place in Kernersville, NC willing to finish it. Came across 2 that said would come look at it but after setting up many appointments and them not showing up I'm out of possible options. Its about 75% done. Its just stuff like gauges, maybe rear brake lights. Been two years since started cant remember it all. Does anybody in Kernersville, NC area know of a shop that may be able to help? Most all just want to do the quick oil change type stuff that I found. Don't like the time consuming things. Really don't blame them. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks for your time.
cknfrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:17 PM   #2
whtgmc68

Re: Kernersville,NC help needed for wiring help/suggestions.

Give James Shore at The Pitstop in Advance a call and he may be willing to help you. His electrical guy did a really good job wiring my LS3 swap into my 67 Tempest. His guy is an electrician that helps him on the side so it may take him some time to get it done, if you decide you want him to work on it.

His number is 336-998-4100 and you can tell him Jason with the Tempest told you about him.
whtgmc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
cknfrmr

thanks I will check him out for sure. I don't mind waiting at all for quality work. I don't like to be rushed there for I don't rush people. Is he fair on pricing?
Old 07-21-2019, 01:18 PM   #4
whtgmc68

He's definitely not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. I don't know if he would charge hourly or just give you a flat price for a job like that.
whtgmc68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
flashed

If you are on Facebook look up Carolina C10 Club , some members would probably help you out , a great bunch , or loo up Carolina Truck Shop online , again , great bunch of guys .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #6
Gromit

You are on the right track with American Autowire - my advice would be to get their plug and play kit to hook up using the OEM connectors all the basic stock GM essentials as designed by the GM Electrical Engineers; and then if you still must go look and pay for all these exotic backyard and unknown local service providers to hook up the few remaining outliers stuff that is not stock. it sounds like a good argument for keeping things stock but that is just me...
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #7
cknfrmr

I will explore these options for sure. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #8
cknfrmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
You are on the right track with American Autowire - my advice would be to get their plug and play kit to hook up using the OEM connectors all the basic stock GM essentials as designed by the GM Electrical Engineers; and then if you still must go look and pay for all these exotic backyard and unknown local service providers to hook up the few remaining outliers stuff that is not stock. it sounds like a good argument for keeping things stock but that is just me...
It is for the most part stock. But sometimes people know their limitations and don't push it beyond that and risk burning their hard work to the ground. When they need help they seek it. I also don't know how to fly a airplane so if I was on a flight over the ocean and the pilot jumped out I would call the tower to help me land it and not risk drowning by crash landing in ocean and trying to float to runway. Don't get me wrong I thank you for your advice. We all have custom trucks for a reason. The ends didn't come on the wires. I don't know how to do it. The person helping ran out of time. Not trying to be rude. Just stating the facts as you did.