The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #26
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: widest tire on 15x10

better check your class regs before you get to carried away....I'm sure you know that the shorter the tire the harder it wil hit.....

more meat may not be your answer either pick ups suck at weight tranfer....theres a few guys here that know WAY more about getting these to hook up ( I need to learn too) I was thinking about mounting my battery under the bed in front of the DS wheel it will clean up the engine bay and move the weight...

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #27
Shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks View Post
better check your class regs before you get to carried away....I'm sure you know that the shorter the tire the harder it wil hit.....

more meat may not be your answer either pick ups suck at weight tranfer....theres a few guys here that know WAY more about getting these to hook up ( I need to learn too) I was thinking about mounting my battery under the bed in front of the DS wheel it will clean up the engine bay and move the weight...
Luckily I do not class race, I just go to TnT nights/days and track days that groups put together.
I thought about the same thing, moving battery for cleaning up things and gettin weight off the front, have not even started looking into it yet but might....
I will eventually get a tank relocated under the bed for some weight back there.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #28
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

if your just going to play why not save some ching and buy a set of old wheels put some used slicks on them and run the hell out of them..with out any drop just about anything will fit under it and that stuff pops on on craiglist cheap
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #29
Shon

Quote:
if your just going to play why not save some ching and buy a set of old wheels put some used slicks on them and run the hell out of them..with out any drop just about anything will fit under it and that stuff pops on on craiglist cheap
here is my story:
I live 1+ hrs away from the tracks, I wanted to run a DR so I can drive there without swapping tires, and this is my 'tow' rig so towing it to the track is not going to happen.
But I can get my hands on some 28" ET Drags that would work for sure and I have 2 sets of rims, 15x10 rallys and T'stars with also 10" wide. so I got the rims, just have to decide what tire to get.
Guess if I did change tires I could put the extra set in the bed for some weight to help traction
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #30
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

I understand I have the same issue here the track is 100 miles to the starting line...if you run a DR by the time you get there they are going to be shot..not to mention that towing with a soft sidewall on the DR is going to suck too...

suck it up buy one of those small floor jacks and a four way it will take 10 min to swap them..also not sure how your track rules are but here we have to have OPEN lug nuts meaning that you have to see the wheel stud though the nut...I guess it to make sure your studs are long enough
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #31
Shon

Quote:
...if you run a DR by the time you get there they are going to be shot..not to mention that towing with a soft sidewall on the DR is going to suck too...

suck it up buy one of those small floor jacks and a four way it will take 10 min to swap them..also not sure how your track rules are but here we have to have OPEN lug nuts meaning that you have to see the wheel stud though the nut...I guess it to make sure your studs are long enough
I have multple sets of tires/rims to run on the street/tow with, i will have a dedicated tire for racing.
I used to haul/change at track on the Z28s all the time, lots of fun NOT.
Our tracks are pretty lax, they just want a bar at 7.49, we run at another track that doesnt care, will allow passengers....
Sux there is not a replacement longer wheel stud out there, cause I want them but so far no luck finding a perfect replacement, everthing I am finding will require alxes to be re-drilled or opened up some for the press in style.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #32
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

I'm running steelies so stud length isn't an issue but I need to rape 24 stock lug nuts for the track?? why is it that we never think of that when we are scrapping old parts trucks?? so I guess if I have to go that far pulling the rim isn't a big deal to put my big sneakers on..I'll run my other wheels/tires ( 265/70/15) till I get there...??? beside it will keep me away from those grease burgers and fry's for another 15 or 20 min before the race....before I get to much weight transfer to the back!!!

Jeff

Old 04-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #33
Ackattack

Quote:
heres a pic of my tires..this is slammed with a 2 1/2" c notch..these are 31x15.5x15 and I build the truck for 29's so they rub about 1/2" from full dump..my rims are stock rallies with 4" added to the back space ( dumb ass I never measured before I put them on) when I switch to radials it will all clear fine...my tubs are 4" wider..if you look at the stock tub I moved it one hole to the center
How much was it to have your wheels widened?
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #34
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

$50 ....yea it was a no brainer cost me more to ship them

sherwood racing product..owego.ny 607-687-2991
Old 04-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #35
Shon

Quote:
$50 ....yea it was a no brainer cost me more to ship them

sherwood racing product..owego.ny 607-687-2991
each or total for 2!?
heck, i might just send them 4 stockers and then I would have a sleeper!!! still have the stock hub caps that came on the truck....
Old 04-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #36
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

each

stock rally next to the 4" add back space one you can see the weld and they still hold air...I spun balenced them before mounting the tire and they where right on too

jeff
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #37
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

heres a post of them on..Just cuz
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...94#post3915994
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #38
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

I might have to agree some of the other posts in that other thread you put up. I'm not really seeing the huge problem with the tires you have on it. Rake looks nice to me. The hole prostreet look is that you somehow got way too big of a tire under any vehicle. There are some guys on here that have some ridiculous raked/stances and that's just the way it is. I can't remember what width you are running now but a 15.5 SHOULD be on a min of a 12" wheel.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #39
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

its not that I don't like the look I just don't love it??? l'm going for that low even look the more of the rear tires I can Hide the better (31x15.5) also I have to go pick up a set of 2" drops/disc for the front that I got a deal on so I can stop this thing.... once the Caddy is in it ( and the new NOS system) I want a import to roll up then slam it flip on the bottle and drag the hitch while the left front shock is strecthed like a piano string...

I just want to do a couple things 1) show you can teach an old dog new tricks 2) oLe School Rules 3) theres no substition for cubic inchs.....

Jeff