The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #1
Expalo

1970 c10 350 dies as soon as i hit 40 mph

Ok so i just bought this truck. The vin states its a chevy c10 3/4 ton chassis. But it is the full time 4wd. It just had a transmission rebuilt before i bought it. It has the chevy 350 with a th350 behind it. I have replaced fuel filter and spark plugs (they were fouled pretty badly). I also timed the engine to a 10* advance. I was gonna rebuild the carb but i broke one of the carb mounting bolts and didnt want to risk breaking the others until i knew i could replace the whole intake and carb if i broke them all. It has brand new battery and cables as well. What is going on is at first before timing it and replacing spark plugs it would run at idle and low speeds just fine but then i would hit 25 mph and it would bog down and die. I timed it and replaced spark plugs and now i can go all the way to 40 and it just bogs down and dies. Its as if The fuel just stops sending to the carb. I dont have much experience with carbed engines and just want some more experinced opinions on what is going on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Expalo is offline   Reply With Quote