The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
davee60

Re: Ecklers trucks headliner kit

Thanks for the replies. I'm not trying to match anything factory, my project is a restomod anyway. But Ecklers has no photos of the product, nor any images of the material types and colors offered, so it's tough to know exactly what I'd be getting if I ordered one.

Here are a couple of pics, I don't think I had posted any before. Not quite "done" but I can finally drive it around! The "bed wood" is Trex composite decking.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
VictoriaHardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee60 View Post
The description on their website is a bit confusing,...Ecklers has no photos of the product, nor any images of the material types and colors offered, so it's tough to know exactly what I'd be getting if I ordered one.
Sounds like they are not that interested in selling them. I just don't understand these "businesses" that do such poor marketing, and somehow expect you to just send them money and cross your fingers.
VictoriaHardware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #3
KIC
1960 GMC Burb

That looks like my 60 Burb except mine is silver..i'll post a picture on a piece of mine soon. I hope this is a good lead on original style. I have been looking all around..

60 Burb Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1960+Suburban

60 to 66 Burbs only Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=burbs
2003 Tahoe LT
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #4
cj847

Quote:
Originally Posted by davee60 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I'm not trying to match anything factory, my project is a restomod anyway. But Ecklers has no photos of the product, nor any images of the material types and colors offered, so it's tough to know exactly what I'd be getting if I ordered one.

Here are a couple of pics, I don't think I had posted any before. Not quite "done" but I can finally drive it around! The "bed wood" is Trex composite decking.
Dave,
What is the color code and type of paint on your truck? It looks killer. Thanks.
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #5
davee60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj847 View Post
Dave,
What is the color code and type of paint on your truck? It looks killer. Thanks.
If I remember correctly, the paint brand is Spectra. The code I have written on the spray-out sample is GS720IR. It's not a factory color. Thanks for the compliment, I do get a lot of positive remarks about it.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
davee60

OK, here's the latest on the headliner... I finally got time to take it in to the upholstery shop. They took a shot at putting it up, but the material was just too heavy for the bows to support it. They ended up using the supplied vinyl as a pattern to make a new headliner with lighter material. They did use the supplied bows and clips. I just got off the phone with the shop, so I haven't seen the result yet, but they assured me it came out awesome. I'll pick it up today and get some pics posted soon, but I wanted to report on it right away.

Sorry for the delay getting info out, but I hope this helps someone. Thanks.