The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #26
Chevyland

Re: Destroyed Dashes for Radio's- Breaker One/Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stovebolts View Post
Special K - Many a truth in ones character is expressed in his thoughts & words..... Feast your eyes on my original 72 GTO survivor that I bought new....complete with its factory AM radio and factory 8 track player. This car too, went through the same era as my 70 C30 and some how survived any molestation that I may have inflicted according to your first few sentences.....Thus dispelling your theory of what I would have done 45 years ago. I had no inspiration in dragging out the extension cord with the jig saw. I respect your appreciation for one's customizing talents and your knowledge of power tools....We all have our standards and molesting vehicles along with every thing else, is not one of them.....and further more, with your reference of a 'restoration fanatic'... wrong again...I use the truck for its intended purpose.....Perhaps you should learn facts before passing judgement.....
Please keep posting your adventures of fixing up your old dump truck
I like your humor
I see you are new here, or at least new at posting
Don’t let a few of the old timers scare you away
This board needs
-More humor
-More diversity
-More new members that post
On all topics
Stock
Restomod
Hack jobs
And everything in between

I’ve hacked and driven my share of those c30’s
Into the ground

I love that nearly nothing can kill them
Except being outdoors in the northeast
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #27
2 Stovebolts

Not discouraged in the least...actually quite intrigued by the level or should I say depths of ambition of what is rationalized to be acceptable...especially when a time factor is involved... meaning it was OK back in the day of CB's and newly developed cassette's. Its kinda like a child taking a crayon to a living room wall, with the parent saying 'Oh that's OK he's only expressing himself....Moving on..... Here's another example of boy wonder trying to engage a parking brake on a truck with a rusted & frozen brake cable....The mighty strength of his left leg....I bet he wasn't no 90 lb. weakling.. Wonder who he raised on the CB when the pedal didn't go down?....Actually the pad was right up against the kick panel...I couldn't help myself from trying to straighten it out.... I'd given anything to see the look on his face when the pedal didn't go down......Probably spewed out some choice words as well..... No problem... I jacked up the rear, removed the dual's (that was a picnic) pulled the axles. removed the drums (another picnic) did a complete brake job, with wheel cylinders.....and replaced the emergency brake cables!!!....All before lunch...What's for desert ??? - Mind you I'm no spring chicken....70 next year.....I challenge some of you guys to go out in the strawberry patch and climb into an old truck and try to set the emergency brake!...He's my boy....How I wished I could have met him....The guy I bought the truck from was a bit cagey when I asked him about my findings....I'm sure he wasn't the culprit...
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #28
Chevyland

Well,
At least it was the metal that bent
Because
If his leg looked like that it
Would
Be a problem
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #29
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Back in those days people who owned these trucks did not have the advantages that we do today. Now you can get on the internet and find what you need. I can remember my uncle many years ago selling his 1957 Thunderbird because it had a part that went bad in it that was no longer available. So my uncle sold it to the mechanic that told him this. Several weeks later my uncle saw that the mechanic was driving the Thunderbird around himself. He had used his mechanics connections to find the part that he told my uncle was unfindable. That kind of thing would not happen now thanks to the internet
Imagine back then having something like a brake light that got messed up or went bad and then you were not able to make your vehicles street legal. It was not fun having things like that happen..
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009
Old 09-19-2019, 04:16 PM   #30
cornerstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
Please keep posting your adventures of fixing up your old dump truck
I like your humor
I see you are new here, or at least new at posting
Don’t let a few of the old timers scare you away
This board needs
-More humor
-More diversity
-More new members that post
On all topics
Stock
Restomod
Hack jobs
And everything in between
I second the sentiment 1,000,000,000.% (That's a BILLION percent)

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #31
HO455
Post Whore

Quote:
Not discouraged in the least...actually quite intrigued by the level or should I say depths of ambition of what is rationalized to be acceptable...especially when a time factor is involved... meaning it was OK back in the day of CB's and newly developed cassette's. Its kinda like a child taking a crayon to a living room wall, with the parent saying 'Oh that's OK he's only expressing himself....Moving on..... Here's another example of boy wonder trying to engage a parking brake on a truck with a rusted & frozen brake cable....The mighty strength of his left leg....I bet he wasn't no 90 lb. weakling.. Wonder who he raised on the CB when the pedal didn't go down?....Actually the pad was right up against the kick panel...I couldn't help myself from trying to straighten it out.... I'd given anything to see the look on his face when the pedal didn't go down......Probably spewed out some choice words as well..... No problem... I jacked up the rear, removed the dual's (that was a picnic) pulled the axles. removed the drums (another picnic) did a complete brake job, with wheel cylinders.....and replaced the emergency brake cables!!!....All before lunch...What's for desert ??? - Mind you I'm no spring chicken....70 next year.....I challenge some of you guys to go out in the strawberry patch and climb into an old truck and try to set the emergency brake!...He's my boy....How I wished I could have met him....The guy I bought the truck from was a bit cagey when I asked him about my findings....I'm sure he wasn't the culprit...
Maybe the PO headed down Wolf Creek Pass fully overloaded and we are just seeing the leftover carnage from one white knuckle ride.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb_0Lhegig
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 09-20-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Forgot link. Dhoo!
Old 09-20-2019, 06:54 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Special K - Many a truth in ones character is expressed in his thoughts & words..... Feast your eyes on my original 72 GTO survivor that I bought new....complete with its factory AM radio and factory 8 track player. This car too, went through the same era as my 70 C30 and some how survived any molestation that I may have inflicted according to your first few sentences.....Thus dispelling your theory of what I would have done 45 years ago. I had no inspiration in dragging out the extension cord with the jig saw. I respect your appreciation for one's customizing talents and your knowledge of power tools....We all have our standards and molesting vehicles along with every thing else, is not one of them.....and further more, with your reference of a 'restoration fanatic'... wrong again...I use the truck for its intended purpose.....Perhaps you should learn facts before passing judgement.....
The thing is, You need to interpret those words correctly. I never passed any judgement upon you and I hope you haven't upon me by way of your misunderstanding. I was making a general statement addressing the fact that through the years we, meaning people in general while allowing for some individuals who don't follow along, accept things that later we frown upon. I don't even know you to be passing any judgement. I only know your statements against the previous owner have been harsh and perhaps a tad condescending.

And as far as your comparing how a utilitarian dump truck has been treated compared to the iconic by '72 (and on it's way for a down turn) GTO you are the original owner of has been treated... Uh, really?

I should have kept my reply more simple for you. The previous owners didn't realize they were supposed to be preserving this truck for you almost 50 years later

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-20-2019, 07:57 AM   #33
d4xycrq

Quote:
Here's my C30 Dump Truck dash.....after the removal of the worthless trash that some high IQ inventor installed....A piggy back CB on top of a cheap AM/FM cassette....
I live near a quarry here in SE PA. As I type there's a guy in a dump truck using his CB to tell the loader what stone he wants and how much. They're on Channel 23. Bechtelsville, PA.

No CB? How ya gonna tell Kenny what you need?
Old 09-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #34
2 Stovebolts

Special 'K' - Your quote... (might have been you who cut the dash or did some other form of alteration) (SIC) - Marian Webster definition of 'YOU' - you pronoun
\ ˈyü , yə also yē\
Definition of you
1: the one or ones being addressed (end quote) - You special K made an assumption that I cut the dash which is a judgement on your part...You were perfectly clear & there's no misunderstanding..Speaking of misunderstanding I simply cannot understand your reference regarding my GTO: quote 'And as far as your comparing how a utilitarian dump truck has been treated compared to the iconic by '72 (and on it's way for a down turn) GTO you are the original owner of has been treated... Uh, really?' (end quote) This is totally incoherent in my semi educated mind....Kindly clarify...As I have posted, we all have our standards and by you taking exception to my criticism clearly demonstrates your standards. You can be rest assured I would not be a buyer of any of your vehicles...I have also posted that I have a laundry list of the disasters that I have been correcting for the past 8 years I've owned this truck....I am not making reference to patched up repairs with nuts & bolts & wire..Digest some of my posted examples and you tell me if this idiot had a clue of what he was doing.....I have yet to address the example of 6 mismatched wheels that were neither Hub or lug centric and simply held on by the strength of the tightness of the lug nuts....How would you like to be the guy who is near this truck on the road with a load in the bed ???? and you say I'm harsh and a tad condescending ?? This jerk should have been pulled over by the DOT and been arrested. Give me a break....
Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #35
Warrens69GMC

unsubscribed.

This is getting petty and stupid.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #36
Chevyland

I think it is quite entertaining

The problem I see, is when new members come and post
(Usually about customizing)
Old timers cap on them
At least it used to be that way
But most of those guys left for Instagram

This is a different dilemma
A guy, is trying to fix someone’s customizing (butcher job)
And
Old timers cap on him

Hmm
The only saving grace is, he’s probably to old for Instagram

We, better look at ourselves, and treat newcomers better on this site
OR
It will shrink more than it already has

Make sure you don’t run off 2 stovebolts

Last edited by Chevyland; 09-20-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #37
RichardJ

My dash was cut up for an unusually tall cassette player. I welded it with new metal and immediately cut it up for a single DIN CD player.
I didn't need an ash tray so a thinner cup holder was installed in its place.
The remaining area wasn't tall enough for the new AC control head, so the bottom of the dash had to be reconstructed.
Don't need a cig lighter, but did need a location for fuel tank switch. Still haven't put sending units in the tanks, but someday.

The dash now has the features I wanted. I still use a CD and this unit has Bluetooth. I'm good.

For those that don't like it, that's too damn bad. If I should ever sell, a perspective buyer can turn up his nose, offer less or move on.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 11:38 AM   #38
2 Stovebolts

Richard...Nice...well thought and an excellent job....I think some are missing the points of my posts...Its not that I'm against CB's or aftermarket radios.....it's approaching the tasks with a hatchet....At the end of the day, be it a trip to Lowes, the gravel pit, or local car show, it all reflects on you.... I've had my share of embarrassments and suffered the ridicule, as needing to use the truck as I'm working on it. Trust me, no one is understanding of what the other guy did...Its you they look & comment at......
Old 09-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #39
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC View Post
unsubscribed.

This is getting petty and stupid.
This is nothing, stay away from pirate 4x4 for sure if you think this is bad. This place is about as tame as internet automotive forums get (not a bad thing), a little controversy once in a while can be quite entertaining.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #40
mgkgmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyland View Post
I think it is quite entertaining

The problem I see, is when new members come and post
(Usually about customizing)
Old timers cap on them
At least it used to be that way
But most of those guys left for Instagram

This is a different dilemma
A guy, is trying to fix someone’s customizing (butcher job)
And
Old timers cap on him

Hmm
The only saving grace is, he’s probably to old for Instagram

We, better look at ourselves, and treat newcomers better on this site
OR
It will shrink more than it already has

Make sure you don’t run off 2 stovebolts
I honestly took a break from this site for some time because it seemed what I would post it would get some sarcastic comment from some of the members or I would get no response at all on a post.. Seems a lot of people can be stuck in their ways and are not open minded with other peoples ideas or what they like.
1989 Swb Silverado
1972 Aj's Stormer
Old 09-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #41
Willie Makeit

so a guy buys a truck that was specifically designed to be used & worked hard and then doesn't understand why it looks like it was used & worked hard?
Old 09-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #42
2 Stovebolts

Willie....If you would take the time to actually read the posts, it would be obvious I'm not talking about wear & tear.....sheeezzz
Old 09-20-2019, 04:04 PM   #43
67C10Step

I've posted in the thread but just had a thought. That truck could have easily been owned by my father. He was exactly that kind of guy. Modify what you want with what you have on hand. Looks? Who cares. Future? This thing will be scrap iron eventually so who cares?

I still remember him being so happy after selling our 1971 short box GMC 4x4 because the rear end went out in it in less than a month on the new owner. This was about 1989 and I was heartbroken when he sold it. And then thinking it was great all over a rear differential. I'd have everything but the transmission apart on my 1971 C10 so putting a new diff in would not have been a stretch even though I was still only 19-20.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
Old 09-20-2019, 04:30 PM   #44
Chevyland

Another one that needed
MY mechanical expertise

When driving a truck I bought across the country
I heard a little metal rattle
I knew it came from where the exhaust leak was
No problem
Jack it up
And
Fix it

Thank goodness that guy I stopped in to visit, had a lift
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #45
Chevyland

I am happy report
About 8,000 miles and 3 years later
No catastrophic failure
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #46
2 Stovebolts

What is that 70? that I see peeking with a winch ???
Old 09-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #47
Chevyland

-End table for my beer
-Parts running flea market mobile for when I need to get a good
Used
Corded saaWz-aLL
For remodeling things
When I’m not out
Sunset cruising
Or
Chasing Rainbows
Suburban
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #48
Chevyland

It’s pretty safe
But you do need to make sure you don’t hurt
Your fingers getting stuck in a crack

Some dain bread previous owner
Hacked up the dash though
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 06:31 PM   #49
Chevyland

It was easy to forgive him
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 07:15 PM   #50
yuccales

Sure like that Burb just the way it is! Sunset picture is new screen saver.
Closed Thread