The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
67C10Step

Rear Shock Relocation Kits

I am putting together a parts list for a total rear end rebuild on my truck. Most of the decisions are easy in that I am replacing all the brake hardware, shocks, springs, bushings, etc.

I am going to lower the rear 3-4" and leaning towards 4". I will relocate the rear shocks as well and have looked at the NoLimit and CPP kits. There is a large difference in price between these two kits and I am wondering what folks on here have used and their feedback.

Thanks in advance.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
demian5

Re: Rear Shock Relocation Kits

Get that rear kit that moves the shocks to the rear of the trailing arms, like a 60-62.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
67C10Step

The NoLimit kit moves the shocks outboard of the frame and vertical. The CPP kit looks similar.

What I am looking for is feedback on kits that have been installed by members. None of them look difficult to install but wondering about function and build quality.

The NoLimit kit is $150 on their web site and the CPP can be had from summit for about $60. Seems to be a big difference in cost for similar items. The NoLimit does look fabricated where the CPP looks stamped so maybe that is the main difference.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #4
SidsChopShop

Using the CPP shock relocators on my truck with their 4" HD springs. Bought all the parts from Summit to have a piece of mind for customer service or returns. The relocator kit is dead simple to install and was very impressed in the quality. Had them on for 2 years and put many miles on the truck without an issue.
SidsChopShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #5
EdwardSams

Hey there. I recently went with the no limit kit. Yes it was more expensive but it paid off - I had a few questions along the way and when I called no limit they answered the phone and all my questions- more than one time. That made it worth the extra spend.

I’m new to this sort of stuff so I was glad to get the guidance. If you’re an expert or at least we’ll versed I’m sure the less expensive kit will do the job just fine.

And maybe the less expensive kit is made in the USA but I know the no limit kit is which makes it worth spending a little extra for.
EdwardSams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:05 PM   #6
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsChopShop View Post
Using the CPP shock relocators on my truck with their 4" HD springs. Bought all the parts from Summit to have a piece of mind for customer service or returns. The relocator kit is dead simple to install and was very impressed in the quality. Had them on for 2 years and put many miles on the truck without an issue.
I did the exact same thing with my truck. Install was EZPZ Lemon Squeezy. The quality of the ride is much better than before the shock relocation install.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Rear Shock Relocation Kits

No limit kit hands down. All others are not even close to it. I've had mine now for several years it's one of the best modes I've done to my 71. I never put the rear sway bar back on it. Don't need it.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote