The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-13-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
infinite-foamies

Subwoofer location

I am starting to layout the audio system for my 1971' K10 Suburban project. The doors are modded to be easily removed for beach riding in the summer so no speakers can go there. Front speakers will be two ways with custom enclosures under the dash.

The biggest issue I am having is finding space for the subs. I am thinking of making custom enclosures in the driver side dog leg and having the pressure come out a port behind what would be the rear driver door. My question here is does anyone have experience with not have a left and right sub?

I know this sounds crazy but space is an issue as I go to school 350 miles from home so basically have to travel with everything I could possibly need for anything.
infinite-foamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:29 AM   #2
Zane M

Re: Subwoofer location

The frequencies a subwoofer produces are non-directional, so where you put it is not as important as if it was a full range or component set. So it does not matter if it is on the right or left. It is also not important if you only have one. There are many custom and factory systems that only have one sub on whatever given side allows for the installation.
Zane M is offline   Reply With Quote