The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #1
oldiron
Designated Grumpy Old Man

Steve@oldsub.com needs help

I met Steve this summer at a car show. Steve has been battling cancer for almost a year now. I decided to check up on when he posted last here and found he hasn't been here since Oct.
I went to his home jounal page and found this:

It is now early December. I’ve lost all of November. As of yesterday, we will have lived in the hospital for five weeks. It doesn’t look like we’ll be leaving any time soon. And when we do, it will likely be to a rehab facility before heading home.

We came to the hospital this time with pneumonia and a bacterial infection in the blood. I’ve needed to be on oxygen full time since October. And while they’ve been able to treat the symptoms, I am left very weak and deconditioned, and still unable to eat more than a few bites of food.

Several people have asked me recently if ‘no news is good news’. In fact the opposite is true. No news is bad news. My father has had a heart attack and that has added to my discouragement. It is very difficult to be confined here for so long and be unable to be with our family. I need your continued prayers and encouragement.

If anyone has a chance to go and register at his journal site and give him a good thought and a prayer I'm sure he would appreciate it.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stevehanberg

Last edited by oldiron; 12-06-2010 at 03:42 AM.
oldiron is offline   Reply With Quote