The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #1
wooly mammoth

new guy with backspacing Q's on a '63. Who's running 295's?

Hello all!!! So for the past 17 years I've been a Nova guy. Unfortunately, I had to sell it last week. But I was lucky enough to be able to use a portion of the proceeds to buy myself my dream truck. A '63 Chevy longbed. I've got big plans for this one but it will be a few years before it gets finished. I'm just happy that it's drivable as is. First up is a disc brake conversion with drop spindles up front and some needed seatbelts.

On my list of things to do over the next 6 months is wheels and tires. I've got the front covered, but I've got some questions on the rear. I searched the forum, but couldn't find the exact answer I' looking for. My rear is currently stock. 5 bolt hub. I may lower it a bit but that will be determined after I get the new wheels & tires on. So I will be ordering 15x8 wheels and 295/50 tires for the back, but I'm trying to figure out backspacing for the rears. I've read a lot of guys on this forum are running the 295's with no trouble, but haven't found anyone mention the backspacing particularly for a '63 fleetside. I'm trying to figure this out before ordering. And YES, I know I need to get out there and measure for myself, but it's parked in a foot of snow right now and I'm being lazy. Just curious what other's with a similar setup have used? I figure worst case scenario I use a heavier backspace and widen the inner fenderwell, but I'd like to leave it stock if possible. My outers are already rolled.

Any input on what backspacing you're running with 295/50/15's would be helpful! THANKS!!!

Last edited by wooly mammoth; 02-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.
wooly mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote