The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: Heres another dreamer.

Well,I still think it`s amazing you got $12,000 for your Suburban.Truly amazing.I think anyone who has spent much time being into these vehicles can say that from all they`ve observed that sale price is way out of line from anything else they can compare.Your listed was all about the low-production with very little other info on running condition or anything else to support a 5 digit price tag.Congratulations,regardless.You really pulled that one off.I know if I tryed to sell that I`d be lucky to have gotten any calls at all at that price.I`ve bought and sold alot of low-production and hi-optioned trucks in my time and I have to say I`m shocked.
You got bashed,but not as a board member.Had you listed it here it would have been another story.Those who made comments,including myself,had no idea who they were talking about.From being on this site I`m sure you`ve seen the seller bashing before and I`m surprised you didn`t see it coming.You only made time to come onto the sight to retaliate.Had you taken time to maintain a presence on a regular basis here I`m sure more than the record holding member would have recognized you as the seller.
I`m sure all involved learned a lesson here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-05-2008, 09:16 AM   #52
Riveted1
Tasty Cakes!

Well said Special K!

----------------
'66 Chevy SWB "Penny"
'67 Chevy Big Window SWB- aka "Pearl"
'72 Burb- "Betty" "It's not a hearse dammit"
'99 Chevy Ext. cab Silverado
Old 09-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #53
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

hey Dean, don't let the crackhead thing get you upset. Its a common saying in the states, kinda like what the heck is he thinking.

with that said, I do not condone bashin threads and never have. we all get caught up in them from time to time. yes things could had been worded differently by folks. But in MHO it does not matter if you are a member or not. Is it ok to bash non members rides, but not ok to bash members rides? what if the non member is a potential member? what kind of impression do they get of this place then?

either way it does not matter, I did not see any behavior in this thread that you would not hear in a shop.

now everyone have a wonderful day, its friday
Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #54
LOW DOUGH
I'M TRUCK CRAZY!

Congrats on the sale
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #55
leddzepp

[QUOTE=special-K;2877412]Well,I still think it`s amazing you got $12,000 for your Suburban.Truly amazing.QUOTE]

Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 AM   #56
KMACD71

Especially when you see Burbs for sale on here for $1,500(blue one in Alabama)in similar or better shape.Congrats on the sale,I'm blown away by that price.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #57
longhorn71

mister laugh come on out

the truck have full gauges,307,4 spd,heavy front axle,canadian base equipment,3 row seating,custom trim,posi rear axle,

yes i never did like color combo on it.......who would?the body was low rust for alberta anyway.yes the door showed some but it was minor(surface)it had 49,000 miles on it.Alberta is very hard on trucks for rust
Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #58
Mister laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
hey Dean, don't let the crackhead thing get you upset. Its a common saying in the states, kinda like what the heck is he thinking.

with that said, I do not condone bashin threads and never have. we all get caught up in them from time to time. yes things could had been worded differently by folks. But in MHO it does not matter if you are a member or not. Is it ok to bash non members rides, but not ok to bash members rides? what if the non member is a potential member? what kind of impression do they get of this place then?

either way it does not matter, I did not see any behavior in this thread that you would not hear in a shop.

now everyone have a wonderful day, its friday

I personally wasn't bashing the truck, i would have loved to buy it, had the decimal place been moved one place left. I thought the price seemed a little high.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #59
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn71 View Post
I had 23 emails on the truck that were serious and a cash offer of 600o that we turned down.Today I had 4 phone calls and on it.3 who came out to look and the last guy from Rimby alberta bought it for $12,000 Cash.
Congratulation's on that sale! I am thinking you are in a prime marketing area, would you or anyone else that you may know up there have any interest in an un-restored, never lifted or wheeled, driver 71 K/20 burb with 350/th350/np205, spicer big blue hub disc front, eaton 4.10 rear, factory A50 buckets/console, 2nd & 3rd row seating, tilt column, tachometer, manual throttle, roof rack, clearance lamps, barn doors and dual fuel tanks, color is white/med. olive? Unadvertised as of yet but am thinking $5500. would be a fair starting point, I could possibly (if timing's right) drive it up to Bellingham, WA. to close some of the gap between us, drop me a pm if interested.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #60
special-K
Special Order

Location location location.I realize if someone in Alberta is wise in their vintage truck shopping they are taking into consideration the cost and hastle of buying a low rust vehicle from a Southwestern state.There`s travel expenses for looking,transport cost,and importing through customs,etc.I know I take all but the importing into account when I look at or am selling a Southwestern truck here on the east coast.Alot of people don`t get it.
I believe I recall Dean showing this Suburban on the site when he bought it.If I recall what was paid then it was a great buy & sell.I recall it was very solid and truly exceptional for up there.It had Custom trim and a painted grille?That`s something I`ve never seen.
Uncle,a member in GA,has/had a C/30 in that same color combo and it was a bit newer.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Closed Thread