The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #26
NINERS1

Re: Why we do it?

Well she was sitting in the passenger side of a f@#d 1 ton dooly deisel, so waiting on her husband probably besides i already have a woman that puts up with me spending more time and money on my truck than her!

http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/n..._tab_my_albums

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
NINERS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
BearFlagRepublic

I just had my first "Are you looking to sell that truck??" "No" "Well here's my card and give me a call if you do!" It's nice to see these old trucks getting recognition.
BearFlagRepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #28
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by swierker View Post
I bet we all have stories like this one. I always love getting compliments on my truck when I'm driving around town. It's still a work in progress and no way near "beautiful" but it's nice to know that people appreciate these trucks.
x2

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #29
DT1

I do it just because I really love my truck. That said, I was a bit disappointed yesterday. I drove it all around (Just for fun) and no one said a word. Wait I was wrong, but I know that day will come.
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #30
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT1 View Post
I do it just because I really love my truck. That said, I was a bit disappointed yesterday. I drove it all around (Just for fun) and no one said a word. Wait I was wrong, but I know that day will come.
They did...but you had your radio too loud and you were driving to fast,

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #31
71AteLugger

This is my third post here! Awesome!
This is why I do it... As a young boy I grew up looking at my grandpa's 72 Cheyenne. Chevy yellow and white with lots of chrome. He bought it new in Folsom Ca. on the way home from Tahoe. Well, since I figured the chances of him handing it down to me aren't coming anytime soon... I needed to find my own girl to build up. When I first got her she was hardly running and looking rough... but she's shaping up, running wonderful now and looking real good. I get compliments every now and again which makes it fun... but hearing my little boy say it's "his truck"... that's why I do it. One day hopefully it will be his.
Joshua 24:16
71AteLugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:13 AM   #32
Forum4130rl

I am thinking that I know what feeling you guys are talking about… Considering I've wanted one of these trucks since I was like 15 and it took until I was 27 to get one...

I had just met the buyer of my 69 C10 about 6 months ago, and took the truck for a test drive while the “FOR SALE” sign with what I thought was a ridiculously low price was still hanging in the rear window…

While I was on my test drive, which consisted of about a 20 minute drive through a residential neighborhood and down one quick stretch of highway, I must have had at least 4 people literally yell out of their windows, wave, and scream at me telling me that they would buy the truck from me right now, and for me to pull over so that they could look at it since they thought it was mine.

I knew immediately, that my initial feeling that I was getting a good deal on the truck was right. Not to mention my feeling that I seriously lucked out, that the person who was selling the truck didn’t try too hard to sell or make money off of the truck... He had it in the “Thrifty Nickel” posted as an “Old Chevy Truck”. I called him, he said he thought it was a “68 or something”, and I broke my own neck getting down there to meet him.

Needless to say, I got it for a steal of a price, and other than a spot of cancer on the cab corner/ floor on the right side, the bedside upper trim being removed and bent to S*** and laying in the back of the bed… I’m using it as a daily driver when the roads are clear, it’s all original minus a re-paint in 1977, and it runs like a champ… Sure it needs work (It’s 42 years old, bone stock and was a farm truck), and I have grand plans for it, but even in its current state I still can’t go at least a week without someone saying something positive about it during my commutes, and I get offers to buy it once in a while.

It feels good, and with the help and information I’m getting from this forum… I’m looking forward to many years of the same thing… Except I hope the offers will get more extravagant and outlandish.
Attached Images

Forum4130rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #33
k7elh

I hope to be there someday.. My truck is nothing anyone would ever make an offer for, or goggle at, but it's been through alot in the last 41 years.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before I can give her the form she deserves.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #34
Zeke's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7elh View Post
I hope to be there someday.. My truck is nothing anyone would ever make an offer for, or goggle at, but it's been through alot in the last 41 years.

Hopefully, it won't take too long before I can give her the form she deserves.
You know what, if you can get it on the road, and have it (mostly) one color, people will notice. My little '67 is a hunk of poo... I've done a ton of work on it, but it's damn hard to tell it by lookin' at it. When I drive it to Home Depot, or to pick up my latest dodgy craigslist find, I usually get at least one person who's interested in it... mostly younger guys who have one like it, or is thinking about getting theirs on the road.

There are so many 'commodity' vehicles on the road today, that even a vintage truck catches people's eye, and brings back memories of something from their childhood, or about someone they loved. Our trucks are like owning a nostalgia-catalyst-ray gun, and shooting everyone you see with it.
Zeke's Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #35
cam.man67

Another story, when I had just got my truck painted last summer, twice in two weeks I had guys in Furds come up to me and tell me how sweet my truck was. When even Furd guys know what's up, that's a good feeling.
1989 Toyota Pickup 22re, auto, 3.73
cam.man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #36
RCbowtie69

YES, people love these trucks,even the older ones, my friend has a 50 & people always telling him my grandfather had one,fatfenders chevys r cool 2

Last edited by RCbowtie69; 02-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.
RCbowtie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #37
BAGNDRAGIT
Just Not Low Enough!

the reason i do it is because i get no greater satisfaction than seeing a heap (in my eyes) transform into gold.

Theres nothing like new parts!!!!!!!!!!

before

after

and a little video of the day i got her

1967 Chevy C-10 Shortbox Bagged 327 4spd
Previous:
1971 Chevy C-10 Short Sep I6 Auto (Traded)
1973 Chevy C-20 *THE REDNECK BATTLE TRUCK*
2001 Chevy Silverado 2Dr 5.3L Shortbox. R.I.P.
1969 Volkswagen Bug
This is my first meeting, I have a horsepower problem.
BAGNDRAGIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #38
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
Blah, blah, blah...

You said she was nice looking and you said she was interested in old trucks but you never mentioned whether she was wearing a wedding ring or not. Priorities man !
Good point!! Luv it!!!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #39
k7elh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke's Garage View Post
You know what, if you can get it on the road, and have it (mostly) one color, people will notice. My little '67 is a hunk of poo... I've done a ton of work on it, but it's damn hard to tell it by lookin' at it. When I drive it to Home Depot, or to pick up my latest dodgy craigslist find, I usually get at least one person who's interested in it... mostly younger guys who have one like it, or is thinking about getting theirs on the road.

There are so many 'commodity' vehicles on the road today, that even a vintage truck catches people's eye, and brings back memories of something from their childhood, or about someone they loved. Our trucks are like owning a nostalgia-catalyst-ray gun, and shooting everyone you see with it.
I guess that is so.. My truck runs (I drive it to and from work everyday) and I suppose that is better than some people out there. I just want to get started on it! Come on lottery, can I get a few numbers my way?

Old 02-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #40
NINERS1

Some great stories out there! lets here some more!!

http://s321.photobucket.com/albums/n..._tab_my_albums

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
NINERS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #41
k2rm

Cops do seem to like these trucks. Back in college, whenever my friends would ride with me they would always comment that when we passed a police car, the cop always turned their head to look.

Once when I was heading to a park to meet friend, a cop pulled behind me and followed me for several miles matching every turn. I was wondering what I did and when he blocked my truck after I parked, I was really worried. I get out and he asks "what engine do ya got?" Anyway, he got out, took a good look at the truck, asked questions, and left saying it was a beautiful truck.
k2rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #42
treveiger

Ive had that happen. When i first got my truck i was driving around and stopped to relaxe at a gas station on the strip and one guy randomly came up to me and said "your truck sticks out like a swore eye.... I LIKE IT!" and we started talking, ended up talking for around 20min about trucks and everything and he had a motor he wanted to get rid of and gave me his number. Then another time i was driving at night and all of a sudden this car pulls up to me and this lady screams "nice truck" and i look over and she gives me a smile and a thumbs up and she had no front teeth. I get thumbs up all the time and complements and it makes me feel pretty good, specially when you get stressed with the old girl.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #43
bosco200

I usually get smiles and waves from people while I drive around but there usually from older guys or Semi Trucks lol
bosco200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #44
greasemonkey71

im in the navy and im stationed in san diego. i have to drive by the beach everyday to and from work.

people always try and say things but i cant ever hear there because my trucks so damn loud haha..

i always get chicks flashin me asking if they can have a ride
haha...man i can wait to get home from this deployment
greasemonkey71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:00 PM   #45
So.Cal.Super
It'll Buff Out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey71 View Post
i always get chicks flashin me asking if they can have a ride
you have to let me know what part of town your cruising

I once had a guy follow me off the freeway to hear my exhaust. he gave me a thumbs up and pulled a U turn back onto the freeway.

One time on my way home from dinner with my friends I saw an SUV matching my speed and then a flash came from it that caught me off guard. I rolled down the window and this chick yells "nice truck" I waved, she took another pic and I drove off.

Become a Supporting Member
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Man Card Rules
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=634550

72 Chevy Cheyenne Super 400 LWB

Last edited by So.Cal.Super; 02-09-2011 at 07:00 PM.
So.Cal.Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #46
treveiger

Ive been hit on in a newer ford and i was just heading out to a place to ride the quad and they wouldnt leave me alone so i got my camera out and started recording them, its amazing how all of a sudden somebody changes there whole attitude and what there doing when theres proof. When i was driving my truck down the strip with my girlfriend next to me and my sister on the passangers side it seemed like the truck got a lot more attention that night from boys and girls, but the best part is nobody will hit on my sister when im around but will do it right in front of her husband.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #47
stovboltguy

these stories don't just apply to trucks, a couple of years ago i took the girlfriend and mom and dad out for mothers day brunch in my all original 64 malibu ss. i guess this older couple saw us pull up and as we were seated next to them, the lady started quizzing about my car. i didn't think much about it until she told us that she drove a white 64 malibu ss in high school and that car was the reason she and her husband (seated) had met. i guess seeing my car brought back alot of old memories for them. i've had my car for 10 years now and the girlfriend and i already have memories for when we get older too.
stovboltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #48
cam.man67

Quote:
Originally Posted by So.Cal.Super View Post
One time on my way home from dinner with my friends I saw an SUV matching my speed and then a flash came from it that caught me off guard. I rolled down the window and this chick yells "nice truck" I waved, she took another pic and I drove off.
Similar story: The other day, I was cruising through Antietam Nat'l Battlefield on my way to college. Coming into Shaprsburg there was this lady parked on the other side of the road in a minivan. I glance over, she's pointing a camera at me! For her sake, I hope it turned out nice.
1989 Toyota Pickup 22re, auto, 3.73
cam.man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #49
DavidB

I just get alot of "when are you going to fix it up?" At my daughter day care they walk the kids out to you in your car. A cute girl (employ) was making small talk while I was waiting and said. Thats a nice seat... I mean its an old truck right? I expected the seat to look older, well you guys have fun in your nifty green truck.
DavidB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #50
original-71
///Relaxed Atmosphere

besides all the thumbs up,honking and seeing people in the rear view mirror coming 80mph on the freeway then slamming on there brakes as they get close to the truck, i fell in love with these trucks back when i was about 9 years old. my uncle had a 72 short bed cherry red chromed out engine just beautilful, one time he pulled out to a side road and told me "boy iam only gonna show you this one time" he lit up the tires and i remember having a smile from ear to ear.sadly he had to sell it to buy a house and now iam that drives him around in mine.

87-Silverado Static Drop 5/7" Raceline Explosion 5 22X8.5 (F) 22X10 (R)
hector
2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab

Last edited by original-71; 02-10-2011 at 05:24 PM.
original-71 is offline   Reply With Quote