The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
jrmdigger72

Anybody have a 5.7 TBI in your truck?

I bought a 92 Suburban with a 5.7K with TBI from a friend of mine and was planning on using the 700r4 in my 72 C-10 project. He suggested using the whole motor/trans setup. I tried using the search feature but didn't have any luck. Just wondering what would be involved in making the swap, if anybody has any feedback or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated.
jrmdigger72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
trx450duner

Re: Anybody have a 5.7 TBI in your truck?

I have a tbi 5.7 in my 70 but im running the 4l80e. Its really not that big of a pain to swap over since you already have everthing from the donor truck. You will need to retain the sensors for the cooling, ignition, and injection that are already in your donor and you will need an o2 sensor but you only need one not two like originally. I had to have my chip reprogrammed to have the security lock taken out so it would run and while they were in there they did some tuning, only ran about $150. Other than that they only thing I would inquire about is the digital ratio adapter controler for the trans. not sure if its needed for the 700r but it was recomended for my application (helps convert the signal from the trans to the comp.) this unit can usually be found behind the glove box in most trucks its a little white box roughly the size of a pack of smokes. Good Luck on your swap.
trx450duner is offline   Reply With Quote